Manager of Maintenance
(Facility Improvements – Security/Stores/Delivery)
Coquitlam School District invites applications for the position of Manager of Maintenance (Facility Improvements- Security/Stores/Deliver).
The Manager of Maintenance is responsible for facility improvement projects as well Security, Stores and Deliveries This position is responsible for the development and implementation of service and building upgrades, replacement programs and minor renovations in associated fields largely related to the Annual Facility Grant (AFG), School Enhancement Program (SEP), and other available funding sources. The key objectives are increased functionally, improved working and learning environments as well as the maximized life cycle of District assets. The Manager of Maintenance provides leadership in assigned areas, supports the Maintenance Department in the effective management of resources and assists in the development and implementation of maintenance initiatives in alignment with the mission and goals of the Board of Education.
The Manager of Maintenance reports to the Assistant Director of Operations and works cooperatively with members of the management and leadership team including the Executive Director, Facilities and Planning Services.
- Oversees the execution of minor capital projects including AFG, SEP and others.
- Oversees the Security/ Stores/Delivery and project coordination components of the maintenance function. Works with managers, supervisor(s) and associated in-house staff and contractors to ensure service delivery as required.
- Participates and assists in the development and implementation of long and short term planning for the maintenance department.
- Provides appropriate training and orientation opportunities for staff within the portfolio.
- Responsible for organizing the work of the department including planning and scheduling, assigning and monitoring workload and assignments, directing and evaluating the work of employees, and working with external consultants and contractors.
- In consultation with Human Resources, administers the collective agreement in relation to staff, including all areas of management function. ( Hiring, performance management, attendance, discipline and participation in the grievance process.)
- Ensures Security coverage in accordance with established schedules and service requests. Organizes security coverage for district sites including reviewing and inquiring into alarm reports; initiates security measures and organizes repair work due to vandalism and criminal acts.
- Develops and implements recommendations for target hardening and other anti-vandalism initiatives.
- Maintains District Stores inventories and modifies as appropriate. Ensures timely distribution of materials and supplies in accordance with established schedules and service requests.
- Liaises with Fire Departments and government inspection agencies to ensure code compliance and works with the Police Departments on security and vandalism concerns.
- Represents the school district on a variety of internal and external committees and associations.
- Responsible for cost versus budget analysis and reporting and liaises with the accounting department regarding financial reporting issues.
- In cooperation with consultants and the Purchasing Department, tenders and manages contracts for service and project work.
- Provides recommendations and establishes priorities for related preventative maintenance tasks and AFG (minor capital) projects to support one and five year planning strategies.
- Supports department initiatives to control maintenance, energy and labour costs, and initiates changes to optimize operations through work scheduling, sequencing, and manpower efficiencies.
- Participates in on-call schedule as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance and facilities functions supported by minimum 3 years of progressive supervisory/ management experience in trade or project management. Diploma in Project Management or relevant technical field or relevant trades qualification supported by proven experience and additional formal training that supports the key elements of the position, or an appropriate combination of training and applicable experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multi-union, public sector environment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction and maintenance trades, Provincial Building Code and municipal codes and bylaws.
- Familiarity with contract tendering and management, budget planning and control, as well as building security systems.
- Strong analytical skills and report writing capabilities and demonstrated ability to use computer software technology.
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal, negotiating, dispute resolution and communication skills.
- A valid BC driver’s license and business use of personal vehicle.
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete two criminal record checks.
To apply, (by Friday Oct 2, 2020) please click on the following link https://bit.ly/2Rv6IPO
“The deliberations of employees, and Committees used to screen and consider job applications, shall be kept in strict confidence, and shall not be disclosed to any person except as required by law. Personal references, recommendations and evaluations collected or generated by Board employees and Committee members as part of the Board’s hiring processes (other than references whose authorship and content is already known to the job applicant) shall be treated as having been supplied in confidence to the Board for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.”
More search results
Manager of Facility Operations
Town of Ladysmith
Director of Facilities
Vancouver School District
Demolition Estimator / Project Manager
ServiceMaster Restore of Victoria
Structural Steel Detailing Project Manager
Dowco Group of Companies