Assistant Manager – IT Project Manager
- Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23)
- Kelowna, BC
- $82,750 to $103,438 plus benefits
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to over 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
LEARNING TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT MANAGER – IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
As an integral member of our Learning Technology team, you will take a leadership role in the provision of IT Project Management across the Central Okanagan School District. This position reports to the Manager of the Learning Technology Department.
This position is required to analyze, research, recommend and manage the implementation of IT solutions that enhance the business operations and educational objectives of the Board of Education. This includes developing comprehensive project plans, manage process changes, recommend strategies, policies, and procedures, identify problems, evaluate trends and anticipate requirements.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management services and support using industry recognized methodologies, processes, and tools to document, organize and coordinate the implementation and delivery of IT solutions;
- Develop comprehensive project plans with input from user groups and service providers (including risk management, business continuity, and interdependencies);
- Lead, manage and direct the analysis, planning, development, delivery and change management function for properly engineered IT services in a unionized environment;
- Maintain and continually improve project management best practices and standards;
- Support cybersecurity and privacy initiatives including educational campaigns, vulnerability management, governance and policy development;
- Assist with the management of project budgets by forecasting cost requirements; preparing cost estimates; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action;
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field;
- Project Management Certification from a recognized institution (e.g. PMP) or equivalent certification;
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related recent experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle, including delivering projects of significant scope and impact, project management, change management, and managing multi-function teams;
- Knowledge of ITIL, SDLC, and PMI-PMBOK;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team;
- Excellent analytical, judgement, and consensus building abilities;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen to support the delivery of services, solutions and results;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, prioritize and manage multiple projects;
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills.
This is an exempt position with a salary range of $82,750 to $103,438 plus benefits package, including participation in a defined benefit pension plan.
This is a new position; the successful applicant must be prepared to transition into this role in October.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online complete with cover letter, resume, proof of qualifications and 3 professional references by 4:00 p.m. PST on Friday, September 18, 2020 at https://bit.ly/2QwytXS.
More search results
Project Manager, Distribution
Senior Project Manager - Mining & Minerals
Project Safety Manager
Electrical Project Manager
PHM Search Group Inc.