Senior Program Manager
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
Senior Program Manager
67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually
The Workforce Innovation and Division responsible for Skills Training is responsible for analyzing labour market demand and conditions across all of the sectors in B.C.’s diverse economy and recommending strategies and approaches to meet B.C.’s training needs for the ever-evolving labour market. This is accomplished with the participation of B.C. sectors and business leaders.
The Senior Project Manager pro-actively represents the Sector Labour Market Partnerships program to a cross section of British Columbia’s priority sectors. The position is responsible for managing the development, implementation and evaluation of a portfolio of projects, or business components of large multi-faceted projects with multiple key deliverables. Projects are taken from original concept through to completion and support broad workforce development strategies for sectors. The work of the Sector Labour Market Partnerships program area supports the principle of evidence-based decision making on labour market policy development and program funding.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduate degree plus a minimum one year of relevant experience* or an undergraduate degree plus a minimum three years of relevant experience*.
Relevant experience* includes a combination of:
- Experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Experience with research methodologies and frameworks.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders in the business community and leading consultation sessions.
- Experience in directing the work for other project managers, professional employees, and/or consultants.
- Experience in budget management and procurement.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience working with Indigenous organizations or communities in a research or project/program management capacity.
For more information and to apply online by December 24, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56357