The Associate Director provides project management to all projects at UFV.
This role is responsible for the smooth, effective day to day functioning of the project office and ensures projects deliver on their scope/quality/benefit requirements, as well as being completed on time and within budget. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing the multiple work streams within an overall project (s) which can involve systems implementation, business change, people change management, training and communications.
- Defining project scope and structure, and developing a project plan and budget.
- Monitoring ongoing project delivery/execution and making changes to project plan and budget as required (including financial tracking/reporting).
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, and timely resolution of project issues and problems.
- Coordinating project communications and managing the expectations of internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Developing and overseeing the development of project documentation.
- Working within and support the project governance, standards, and policies and practices of UFV’s project office.
- Providing guidance, direction and training to project office members.
- Responsible for UFV’s Contractor Safety Manual, contractor Safety orientation and WSBC compliance for contracted staff.
- Ensuring that best practices, evidence based and sustainable approaches are utilized in the design and build of the university’s capital projects.
- Liaising on an on-going basis with local municipalities and other regulatory authorities on matters of building permits and ensuring that university assets remain within code and adhere to the highest standards for post-secondary institutions.
This position will also prepare and submit project reports and recommendations to senior management, committees and working groups on a monthly basis; maintain currency in professional organizations by attending relevant PD activities and Project Management related courses; be available for evening and/or weekend on-call work to fulfill the needs, duties and responsibilities of the role.
An undergraduate degree in a related field along with a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. Excellent working knowledge of project management and architectural software and MS Project. At minimum five (5) years Project Management experience which include a minimum of three (3) years direct construction project management experience. Public sector project management experience is an asset. Proven ability in establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilized throughout projects; strong organization and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities; demonstrated effective management of project teams; leading and facilitating cross-functional project teams; monitoring and applying performance management techniques; superior interpersonal, business partnership, team building and leadership skills; knowledge of financial and project accounting processes and principles; experience with pre-project management best practices, methodology, tools and techniques; a value based leader, promotes teamwork concepts and team leadership; strong written and oral communication skills; understanding of the student learning environment; working knowledge of relevant technologies. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
For the complete posting, please see: https://ufv.ca/careers/job-postings/2018222.htm
For instructions on how to aplpy, please see: https://ufv.ca/careers/how-to-apply/