The FMI Group is a dynamic, fast-paced organization that is a market leader in the construction and industry. Based in Nanaimo, the Company has been family-owned and operated for over 30 years and has a unique, entrepreneurial culture.
We are adding to our team of skilled individual’s 1-2 project managers. This role is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment. Our Project Managers are entrepreneurial, self-starters who are highly skilled at contract management, scheduling and budget management. This role is ideal for an adaptable problem solver, with the ability to be both hands-on and strategic.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager is based in Nanaimo BC and is responsible to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the project. This role requires skilled leadership, and effective communication. Critical components of this role include but are not limited to status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and, in general, making sure the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, and within scope while effectively managing client relations.
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in; operations management, project management, electrical or mechanical engineering/technology or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years project management experience in the construction
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint is required
- Effective communication and collaboration with trades people and internal/external stakeholders. Ability to represent FMI at all project meetings in a professional manner and maintain good relationships with the Client, Subcontractors and FMI personnel
- You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who takes ownership and flourishes in an often ambiguous environment.
- You are an experienced leader and know how that differs from being a manager.
- You are approachable, comfortable building trust across all layers of the organization.
- You focus on the priorities that drive results and performance for the company, you respond quickly, are flexible and have experience working in a fast-paced company.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willing to travel to job sites as required
More search results
Project Manager II, Strategic Mental Health and S…
Provincial Health Services Authority, Talent Acquisition - Clinical Services
Assistant Project Coordinator
Portfolio Lead (ITS)
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Ketza Pacific Construction
Senior Project Manager