Agile Project Manager (Scrum Master)
What is the opportunity?
The Agile Project Manager is required to manage large scale, complex/risky business and/or IT related projects using a mixture of traditional (PMI’s PMOBOK) and Agile (SCRUM, PMI-ACP, etc.) principles and practices.
Outside the project, within the corporate project portfolio governance structure the projects are part of, the Agile Project Manager will be required to use a traditional project management approach (PMI PMBOK) to manage all the interactions, reporting, etc. with the various stakeholders. Internally, within the project, the Agile Project Manager will be required to manage the project team and all of the tactical aspects using the appropriate approach depending on the project (either an agile approach (SCRUM / PMI-ACP), or traditional PMI PMBOK).
The Agile Project Manager may frequently be responsible for managing multiple projects of simple to medium complexity simultaneously. Their prime responsibility is to ensure that the project(s) delivers the required scope (results) within the required standard of quality and the specified constraints of time and cost.
The Agile Project Manager operates within broad parameters, established by corporate business plans or project charters, and is accountable for the success of assigned projects, business initiatives or branch operation activities. Given the wide range of possible impacts and the scope of this role, the Agile Project Manager must be familiar with broad business planning and management issues and capable of leading, partnering and coordinating multiple initiatives, projects and operations. The Agile Project Manager has expertise in senior level planning, project management, implementation and change management practices as well as a variety of specialties. This position advises senior management and executive on appropriate implementation plans and outcomes.
The Agile Project Manager must effectively establish and maintain complex working relationships across business area boundaries to ensure that the project(s) plans meet the goals, objectives and mandate of the business areas and that the changes are cooperatively accepted by the business area(s).
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent IT field, Project Management or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered;
- Agile certification (PMI-ACP certified and/or Certified Scrum Master, etc.). An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered;
- PMP certification (PMI’s PMBOK) or equivalent project management certification. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered;
- Four years of experience as a project manager using traditional project management methodologies such as PMI’s PMBOK or equivalent;
- Four years of experience as a Scrum Master using Agile principles and practices; and
- Six years of experience with Software Development Management of custom applications using various SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies and techniques (Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources