- City of Richmond
- $89,449 to $111,812 annually
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Approximately 18 months
Job ID: 2018319
$89,449 to $111,812 annually
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Temporary Full-Time Project Manager to join our Engineering Design & Construction department. The Project Manager serves as a part of the professional technical team responsible for helping the Engineering team deliver the annual Civil Utility Infrastructure Capital Program. This position is responsible for managing and administering contracts through the design and construction phases of capital projects, and delivering projects on time and on budget.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Knowledge of contract law and other regulatory and contract management risks and issues.
- Technical skills in municipal engineering; knowledge of relevant construction techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with, ability in, and knowledge of contract management, project management and negotiations for capital projects of varying type, size and complexity. Duties span the full project lifecycle, from preparing needs analyses and developing scope and schedules, to assisting with procurement, to detailed tracking of progress and forecasting final costs, to project close-out.
- Ability to lead and manage staff and outside project management service providers in a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to satisfy a wide array of customer, environmental, code, and technical requirements or issues and develop creative solutions.
- Ability to prepare effective briefings, reports and presentations, demonstrating excelled written and oral communication skills to a wide variety of audiences including public committees.
University Degree in Engineering or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) Diploma in Engineering Technology, with registration in the relevant professional association in British Columbia, plus at least five (5) years related experience including a combination of engineering and project management experience in design, construction, consultant administration, and contract administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience on utility infrastructure projects would also be considered. Experience in municipal or consulting engineering would be desirable.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.