IT Project Manager
IT PROJECT MANAGER Abbotsford, BC
You are a technical guru who speaks in both tech and plain language: as expertly as you work alongside the tech team members, you can talk with the executive team and other non-tech types to ensure understanding. You love finding creative solutions for complex problems, and can keep track of all the iterations, timelines, and budget. You’re currently seeking increasingly challenging projects and opportunity to work with a team that’s always learning, to move forward together.
Under the direction of Prospera’s Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), the IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and driving the delivery of projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality specifications. If you’re experienced in working with a cross-functional team in an IT environment, and have excellent communication skills, consider applying for this opportunity today!
What you’ll do:
- Interface with team members to ensure high-quality solutions that meet the business needs
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and project status meetings in order to solicit status, feedback, input, and expectations
- Manage project resources including securing work efforts and accountable deliverables while motivating, coaching and advising
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated departmental and functional work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Manage project activities, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- Document, facilitate and potentially contribute to the design, implementation, integration and testing of relevant system changes
- Establish a Project Charter for each approved project
- Plan and baseline all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and work packages
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, financials etc.) on the progress of projects
What you’ll need:
- Great people skills and the ability to quickly build a genuine rapport with team members, partners and community
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels of the organization
- Highly effective influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across multiple functional and technical teams
- Strong financial management skills to plan, track, forecast and monitor the variance between budget, actuals and anticipated costs
- Must have proven experience in identifying project risks and issues
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Ability to identify and recommend alternatives when the project does not go according to plan
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, MS Project and MS Vision. Experience with MS Project Online or Project Server is highly desirable
Your ideal qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree along with at least five years of professional experience required
- Technically savvy with three years of professional experience working in IT
- MBA or other related advanced degree
- PMP or PMI certification
- Three plus years of experience in Project Management
- Credit Union, Banking or Financial Services experience
What’s in it for you?
- Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your spring board.
- Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
- Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
- Community Focused: We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community minded activities throughout the year.
- Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it!
If you are interested, please apply on-line at Prospera.ca/careers.
More search results
Director of Operations
Cowichan Valley School District 79
Interim Manager, Capital Projects
Campbell River School District 72
50737 - Project Manager, FMO
Fraser Health Authority
47565 - Senior Project Manager
Fraser Health Authority
21183 - Project Manager, FMO
Fraser Health Authority