Position Title: Contract Faculty- Business Management
Posting Number: 00119F
Location: New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus
Grade or Pay Level: In accordance with the current Collective Agreement
Salary Range: In accordance with the current Collective Agreement
Position Type: Faculty - Contract
Posting Type: Internal/External
Employment Type: Part Time
Posting Category: Faculty
Start Date: 05/01/2019
End Date: 08/31/2019
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
This position is available for the Summer 2019 semester. The candidate must be able to teach days and/or evenings and/or Saturdays at either or both the New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration is seeking contract instructors for the Summer 2019 term.
For the Summer 2019 semester, the instructor(s) must be fully prepared to teach at least Three of the following Business Management and Finance courses:
- Fundamentals of Business (BUSN 1200)
-Management Essentials (BUSN 1210)
- Human Resources Management (BUSN 3350)
- Project Management Essentials (BUSN 3600)
- Managing Project Communications, Stakeholder and Human Resources (BUSN 3610)
- Managing Project Costs, Quality, Risks and Procurements (BUSN 3630)
The successful candidate will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress. You will plan, organize and teach learning activities. You will ensure students receive the knowledge, information and resources to succeed by maintaining a quality, learner-centered approach to post-secondary education.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- To possess a PhD, have ABD status, MBA or relevant Master degree from a recognized institution.
- For Fundamentals of Business (BUSN 1200) and/or Management Essentials (BUSN 1210) to have a combination of three years of work and teaching experience in an area directly related to the assigned teaching responsibility.
-For Human Resources Management (BUSN 3350) in addition to the qualifications above, a CPHR designation is preferred.
-For Project Management Essentials (BUSN 3600), Managing Project Communications, Stakeholder and Human Resources (BUSN 3610) and Managing Project Costs, Quality, Risks and Procurements (BUSN 3630), a combination of three years of work in Project Management and/or teaching experience directly related to assigned teaching responsibility and a PMP designation is preferred.
- To demonstrate an excellent ability to teach upper level courses at the post-secondary level with preference given to candidates with previous successful teaching experience.
- To work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment.
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- To possess working knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies.
Posting Detail Information
Open Date: 01/25/2019
Close Date: 02/07/2019
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume, cover letter, transcripts are received and submitted online by 4:30 pm on February 7, 2019. The first review date will be February 8, 2019.
Please clearly explain how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting: http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/3827
More search results
Senior Program Manager
Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training
Project Manager: Two-Year Contract Position
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
Director, Program and Project Management
Ministry of Education
Director, Project Management Office
Vancouver Airport Authority