The Portfolio Specialist is part of the enterprise services department within the Business Technology (BT) division. Reporting to the Capability Manager, Portfolio, this role is responsible for building and maintaining the resource management framework that helps BT understand its resource (people) demands and available capacity. As the BT division continues to transform to an agile operating model, the portfolio group is tasked with defining KPIs and metrics to measure output and performance. Given this new space, the portfolio specialist will play an integral role in building out the measurement framework from the ground up. This role has a strong analytical component that involves interpreting information and figuring out how to tell the story behind the data.
· Provides Capability Managers with visibility into resource demand and allocations across the BT division.
· Develops and produces ongoing analysis to support the effective placement of resources into teams.
· Provides Managers and Directors with reporting that articulates BT’s current capacity.
· Performs portfolio analytics, and provides analytic consulting and input/outputs of project & portfolio management (PPM) software. Establishes, maintains and delivers reporting metrics for multiple stakeholder groups, both financial and management, in support of BT and BCLC’s strategic plan.
· Develops data and reporting functionality, including reports and dashboards, based on requirements.
· Develops and maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics that foster the measurement of throughput, velocity and overall delivery efficiency.
· Recommends process efficiencies and improvements to project and portfolio management methodologies, including updating supporting documentation on a regular basis.
· Leads, collaborates with and builds relationships with BT team members to provide insights into the overall success of delivery by product teams.
· Performs user access management, enhancements and ongoing maintenance of BT’s PPM tool.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
· A degree or certificate in Computer Science or Business Analysis or a related discipline;
· 3 to 5 years recent, related customer relationship experience and or I.T. experience;
· Experience with project and program management software systems would be an asset;
· An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
· Knowledge of business process engineering and of enabling technologies to support new processes;
· Strong knowledge of program/project management methodologies;
· Excellent business acumen;
· Excellent facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills;
· Exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
· Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
· Demonstrated proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio;
· Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills;
· Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
· Knowledge and experience with Cognos would be an asset;
· Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
More search results
Category Management Practice Lead
Vice President, Project Delivery
Vancouver Airport Authority
Probationary Regular Faculty – Business Managemen…
Project Coordinator (One Year Contract)
Western Canada Marine Response Corporation
IT PROJECT MANAGER Abbotsford, BC
Prospera Credit Union