Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is recruiting for a Temporary Full Time Project Coordinator (1 year contract with possibility of extension) to join our Corporate Projects team, located at our corporate office in Burnaby, B.C. This position will be particularly appealing to an individual who enjoys the fast pace associated with a dynamic, growing organization.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Projects, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Coordination of all project activities.
- Work effectively with internal stakeholders to facilitate progress on scheduled tasks.
- Work with suppliers, vendors and the Project Controller to ensure accuracy in schedules, timelines are tracked against the Baseline.
- Maintain supplier and vendor contracts and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate delivery and commissioning activities.
- Coordinate and support the change request process.
- Facilitate administration including changes to project scope, budgets, contracts and schedules.
- Provide project updates to Project Manager(s) and project team on a regular basis.
To be successful in this role you will have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a related field. You will bring a minimum of 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience supporting project managers in project delivery, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PMP/CAPM designation and previous experience in the marine industry are considered assets. You will need to be a collaborative team player, able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and skilled at managing changing priorities. In addition, high attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills, and computer proficiency with all MS Office applications, including MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio, is required.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. Apply with a cover letter and detailed resume at http://wcmrc.com/careers/
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com