The Technology Department is responsible for providing technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of BCI’s vision and long-term goals. The department manages the Corporation’s business applications and information technology infrastructure, providing support to a large group of financial professionals. The Technology Department is also responsible for authoring IT-related directives and conducting disaster recovery planning to minimize risk to the Corporation’s delivery of investment services.
The Technology Account Manager is responsible for managing the relationship between the Technology department and their assigned internal department (e.g. Private Equity, Public Markets etc.). As a member of the Account Management team, you are responsible for building and executing winning plans with sophisticated partnerships with the business. Your role is to understand your assigned groups strategic goals and objectives in order to develop IT projects that advance their business and in turn are communicated through IT-business roadmaps for their line of business. Your assigned group will leverage you as a high trust consultant and intermediary with the Technology group. In addition to partnering with the business to propose IT projects that advance business goals, you will be responsible in managing IT Business Planner(s) who will develop the analyses and business cases that support IT project selection and prioritization.
- Partner with the assigned business unit to educate them on the strategic value of the Technology group to drive not only the partnerships forward but to deliver value in finding solutions to execute business strategic objectives
- Accountable to the business unit to help them identify the use of technology in their strategic initiatives while showing them how the Technology group can achieve their objectives
- Lead productive IT road mapping meetings with key decision makers to integrate Technology into their business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the Technology group to make sure that projects and timelines are being met.
- Communicate both internally and externally with all key stakeholders to ensure accountability while providing direction
- Become the subject matter expert on assigned departments, identifying new opportunities on how Technology can strengthen their strategic objectives
- Will be the main contact between Technology and your assigned department, and you'll be responsible for delivering the right messaging to overcome any roadblocks.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an account management, account executive, or business relationship management role
- Experience with marketing technology-related projects or products and services to business clients
- Highly capable and credible communicator who can efficiently influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Great problem solver who can think through problems and develop solutions in a fast-paced, team-first environment.
- Strong execution skills and have a record of getting things done efficiently while delivering strong results.
- Team player who is highly capable at collaborating with others both internally and externally.
- Take initiative and are not afraid to stand up and have your perspective counted while also listening to others.
- Experience developing executive briefs and presentations for various audiences
- Ability to understand complex business issues and recommend solutions as a trusted advisor, and demonstrate business value
Learn more about this exciting career opportunity by going to https://careers.bci.ca/res_joblist.html.