Capital Projects Manager
- Kamloops-Thompson School District no. 73
- Kamloops, BC
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Capital Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Facilities and Transportation, the School District requires a talented management professional to oversee capital projects including the $34 million budget expansion project at Valleyview Secondary. The successful individual will be responsible for a wide range of issues and needs to be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of colleagues, staff, public and regulating authorities.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong cooperative relationships with staff and colleagues.
- Ability to respond to the public in a positive, non-adversarial, solutions oriented approach.
- Ability to manage projects within a set budget.
- Proficiency with computers and software programs, in particular Microsoft Office
Capital Project Management
- In coordination with other managers, conduct facility assessments and prepare project priority documents
- In coordination with district staff, conduct project consultation meetings as required.
- In coordination with district staff and consultants, manages the production of preliminary design plans and budget estimates, and manages the production of contract documents, including plans, specifications, and any other related documents.
- Ensures all necessary permits and approvals from authorities having jurisdiction are obtained.
- In coordination with district staff and consultants, administers the contract, including all contract documents such as change orders, etc. Coordinate the delivery and installation of all furnishings and equipment to be incorporated into the project. Coordinates move-in by Owner where required.
- Completes regular field reviews to ensure the contract schedule is being met, and that the contractor’s performance is satisfactory. Attends all site meetings with contractor and consultants.
- Reviews and approves all consultant and contractor progress billings, and ensures project stays within budget. Provides up to date computerized financial recordkeeping of all expenditures, commitments and funding received, in Microsoft Excel format.
- In coordination with district staff and consultants, prepares all documentation required for the Ministry of Education.
- Receives and reviews as-built drawings, maintenance manuals and other project wrap-up documents.
- Provide updates to the Director of Facilities and Transportation and the Board of Education as required.
- Manage contract and legal dispute process as needed.
- Other project related duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and Transportation.
Experience and Knowledge
- Graduation in Engineering, Applied Science Technologist, Construction Management or CCA Gold Seal Certificate in Project Management with 5+ years prior experience, or significant experience with construction projects in the education sector.
- Thorough knowledge of Worksafe BC regulations, current building codes, building materials and construction methods.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Interested applicants should apply on Make a Future: https://bit.ly/2ZalYUu before Friday, August 18th, 2019 at 4:00 PM.