- Central Okanagan Public School Board
- 23Project Manager
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
PROJECT MANAGER - OPERATIONS
The Central Okanagan Public Schools Board of Education is seeking an experienced Project Manager to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close out minor and major capital projects as well as coordinate regular and preventative maintenance for the Operations Department.
The Central Okanagan Public School District is a growing, progressive and dynamic school district offering a wide range of educational opportunities for more than 24,000 learners from Kindergarten to Grade 12. It has an excellent reputation of providing outstanding, student-centered, programs in a diverse and inclusive environment. The School District has almost 3,000 employees, 43 schools, a $265 million operating budget, as well as many major and minor capital projects.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the management team in the planning, implementation and completion of minor and major capital projects with a broad range of values;
- Coordinate with a unionized CUPE staff on a daily basis to ensure regular routine maintenance is carried out;
- Project management work involving technical, contractual, planning and financial activities required for capital project delivery;
- Apply project management and technical knowledge to new school construction, minor and major renovation projects, while integrating long-term maintenance considerations and budget limitations;
- Negotiate fees and construction costs, directs the activities of architects, consultants, contractors and liaises with school administrators on behalf of the school board;
- Financial recordkeeping of individual projects on the computer;
- Exercise considerable independence in judgment and action in order to maintain the project budget and schedule for several projects simultaneously.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or Diploma in engineering or related discipline, plus minimum five years supervisory project experience, with minimum five years project management experience;
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer, PMP, Applied Science Technologist in an appropriate discipline, or registration as a professional in a relevant field;
- Consideration will also be given to a graduate of an Institute of Technology or a Trades Certificate with appropriate experience;
- Valid BC Driver’s License. (Business use of personal vehicle will be required);
- Ability to effectively utilize Windows computers including word processing, spreadsheets, database and communications software;
- To communicate effectively and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, school and maintenance staff, consultants, city inspectors and others;
- To be able to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines;
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
This is an exempt position with a salary range of $78,000 to $98,000 plus benefits package. The successful applicant must be prepared to transition into this role by the end of August 2019.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to submit an online application at http://bit.ly/2NJgXAP with cover letter, resume outlining relevant background and work experience, and three professional references by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 29, 2019.
More search results
Project Engineer - IAMI (Contract)
Associate Director, Projects Office
Procurement Manager, Major Projects
Horizon Recruitment Inc.
Project Manager- Data Analytics
Annex Consulting Group
Project Manager, Capital Projects And Planning (p…