Senior Program Manager
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
BC Public Service
Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
Senior Program Manager
A dynamic career opportunity to showcase your project management and leadership excellence
Salary $69,900.80 - $79,791.25 annually
The Workforce Innovation and Division Responsible for Skills Training strives to enable all British Columbians to reach their full potential by advancing innovative workforce policies, programs and labour market information, including providing skills training opportunities across the province. The Sector Partnerships unit, through the Sector Labour Market Partnerships program, works with industry sectors to help understand the changing dynamics and challenges of the labour market, supports sector-driven strategies to address the challenges, and pilot and measure the effectiveness of innovative workforce development solutions.
The Senior Program Manager pro-actively represents the Sector Labour Market Partnership program to a cross section of British Columbia’s priority sectors. The position is responsible for managing the development, implementation and evaluation of a portfolio of projects, or business components of large multi-faceted projects with multiple key deliverables. Projects are taken from original concept through to final completion and support broad workforce development strategies for sectors. The work of the Sector Labour Market Partnership program area supports the principle of evidence-base decision making on labour market policy development and program funding.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduate degree plus a minimum one year of relevant experience* or an undergraduate degree plus a minimum three years of relevant experience*. Other equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered such as secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED) plus a minimum five years of relevant experience*.
- Relevant experience* includes a combination of:
- Experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Experience with research methodologies and frameworks.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders in the business community and leading consultation sessions.
- Experience in directing the work for other project managers, professional employees, and/or consultants.
- Experience in budget management and procurement.
To learn more, including how to apply online by June 25, 2019, please visit: