BOSTON PIZZA INTERNATIONAL INC.
Position: Project Coordinator
Type: Full-time; permanent
Location: Richmond, BC
Posting date: 1 May 2019 Closing date: 20 June 2019
Boston Pizza International Inc. is Canada’s No. 1 casual dining brand with more than 390 restaurants in Canada and more than $1 billion in sales. Annually, Boston Pizza serves more than 40 million guests. The company has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Boston Pizza believes that strong role models inspire kids to be great, and in 2014, the Boston Pizza Foundation created Future Prospects to help support organizations that mentor kids to reach their full potential. For more information, visit www.bostonpizza.com.
What we offer:
- An unique and fun culture with an opportunity to make a difference on a large scale.
- Support for professional development by funding continuing education courses, seminars, conferences and professional association memberships.
- A competitive base salary, performance-based bonus program, and RRSP matching.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- A proven track record for promoting internal talent – ask us about it!!
- A tight-knit team that will support you every step of the way in your new role.
- Boston Pizza is focused on giving back to the communities we work in; there are several opportunities to volunteer with our Future Prospects Foundation including a Humanitarian Build in the Dominican Republic each year.
We are looking for a highly resourceful and capable Project Coordinator to join the PMO and lend their expertise to support the team on a variety of technology projects. Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will engage with key stakeholders from different business units and work directly with members of the PMO, technical teams, restaurant operators and vendors in their effort supporting projects.
A high degree of professionalism combined with strong communication skills, worth ethics and an adaptable disposition are required to be successful in the role. We are looking for someone who embodies a philosophy of continuous improvement, is open-minded, motivated. The successful candidate is open to learning new things, takes constructive feedback and is proactive in their approach. The role requires someone who can can shift gears quickly, has focus and is not afraid to ask questions. This is an entry to mid-range level role. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work on a variety of different projects and gain valuable project management skills to support their professional development and personal growth.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support the team and the associated projects.
- Help manage documentation processes, procurement, communication and more.
- Assist the PMO team and projects with project-related administrative tasks.
- Support the coordination of resources, equipment, meetings, and information.
- Budget / expenditure tracking.
- Project performance reporting.
- Utilize project management tools to support the initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes/skills:
- Be detail-oriented and exceptionally organized.
- Be comfortable picking up the phone to contact key stakeholders to obtain information.
- Strong follow-through is a must.
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- A self-starter that is resourceful and can work with minimal supervision but is not afraid to ask questions.
- Professional with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Open to learning and receiving direction from the Senior Program Manager and Project Managers on the team.
- Can effectively prioritize competing priorities in a fast-paced project environment.
- A positive attitude and collaborative nature is critical.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Proficiency in Visio and Sharepoint an asset.
- Experience working with Teamworks preferred but not required.
- A knowledge of project management functions required.
- Strong organization and administrative skills required.
- Prefer minimum two years direct experience working as a Project Coordinator or working in a similar function.
All interested applicants are welcome to apply by sending their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than end of day, 20 June 2019.
We thank all interested applicants for applying; only those individuals shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.