Section Head - Project Management
- Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
This position is located in Smithers, BC.
Section Head - Project Management
$70,049.77 - $87,622.74 annually, plus a $32.89 bi-weekly isolation allowance
This position is also posted as a Scientific Technical Officer [Resource] 30R via Requisition 60445.
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s agency responsible for land and resource management in BC, which includes the protection of the Province’s archaeological and heritage resources. Operating on a provincial land base of over 94 million hectares, the Ministry ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land based resources; works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies; and, supports activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural and social benefits.
The Section Head - Project Management is responsible for supervising staff at the professional or specialist level, as well as leading complex projects or initiatives as identified by Skeena’s Regional Management Team. This position manages staff and is accountable for program delivery of the project management section within Regional Initiatives [RI].
An effective communicator and collaborator, you develop strategic partnerships and negotiate key components of projects with stakeholders. You possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and are highly skilled at project direction, management and leadership.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered or immediately eligible [within six months] for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area [e.g. Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists].
- Preference may be given to candidates who are certified Project Management Professionals [PMP].
- A minimum of one  year in program management or managing a team of professional or technical staff.
- Significant experience leading staff, which may include coaching, support, mentoring, etc.
- A minimum of three  years in project management, which may include managing multiple projects or leading components of major projects or initiatives. * Note: Preference may be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience designing and managing complex resource management projects.
- Significant experience negotiating and mediating solutions with stakeholders and First Nations in a natural resource management environment.
- Experience managing relationships with First Nations and senior level stakeholders, and in forming partnerships for project and program success.
- Experience briefing senior executive and/or elected officials.
- Valid B.C. driver’s licence.
For more information and to apply online by June 5, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/60929
More search results
Probationary Regular Faculty – Business Managemen…
Senior Project Manager - Institutional and Commer…
Parker Huggett Limited
Senior Producer / Project Manager
TEEMA Solutions Group
Senior Project Manager