Manager, Digital Experience
Position Title Manager, Digital Experience
Posting Number 00515SA
Location Anvil Office Tower
Grade or Pay Level A - Pay Band 11
Position Type Administration - Regular
Posting Type Internal/External
Employment Type Full Time
Posting Category Administration
Start Date 07/02/2019
Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30am to 4:30pm
This regular full-time position is available as soon as possible. Regular hours of work are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Travel between Douglas College’s locations as required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The Manager, Digital Experience will work to create the best possible digital user experience at Douglas College, positioning Douglas as a leader in the post-secondary sector and ensuring students and employees have seamless, engaging and brand-driven experiences on the web and other digital properties.
The Manager, Digital Experience is responsible for building, measuring and enhancing the College’s online profile to increase visibility and engagement with prospective and current students, alumni, and all other stakeholders in the College community.
Working out of Public Affairs and reporting to the AVP, this leadership role is a key change agent, leading the ongoing development and implementation of existing and new digital technologies to enhance the strategic goals of the institution. The Manager will oversee the web/digital team, and develop key strategic relationships across the college to continually improve the Douglas digital user experience.
The Manager, Digital Experience is accountable for the following:
• Manages the user experience end for the overall portfolio of the College’s digital properties (web, mobile app, intranet, CRM, digital signage, etc.) and facilitates continuous improvement, with a focus on analytics and measuring success.
• Manages, mentors, and provides day-to-day guidance and direction to the web/digital team; and translates College strategies and objectives into team and personal goals.
• Participates in strategic planning and business analysis, needs analysis and business risk assessment in regards to the digital portfolio.
• Determines through research and consultation how to best support the College to improve services through digital experience technology and make better use of existing tools.
• Works closely with and guides the internal business partners who are interested in leveraging digital analytics, by establishing standards, providing training and follow-up to make sure best practices are being followed.
• Collaborates with the AVP, Public Affairs and the senior management team to identify new opportunities for development of innovative digital technologies that align with the College’s ongoing objectives.
• Maintains currency with new technologies for the digital platform, and continuously re-evaluates and improves digital user experiences.
• Develops and champions processes, standards and protocols as the department grows.
• Understands both business operational and development needs to help prioritize digital user experience projects and ensure they provide the best return on investment.
• Manages complex digital projects, by establishing project timelines, scope and ensuring that these are communicated to all stakeholders.
• Oversees the development of project budgets and ensures that projects are carried out on time and within budget.
• Collaborates with CEIT, to ensure that the design, infrastructure and delivery of the digital properties adhere to all security and privacy standards.
• Collaborates with the AVP, Public Affairs and the AVP Technology and CIO on the design and implementation of the user experience section of the College’s Digital Strategy.
• Acts on behalf of the AVP, Public Affairs in his or her absence as requested.
• Performs other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Established professional credibility as evidenced by a relevant degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in a related field, such as computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Five or more years of experience at a management level, preferably in a unionized environment;
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to end-user digital experience;
• Proven track record of successful project management experience;
• Excellent organizational, analytical and leadership skills;
• Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills; and
• Demonstrated ability to model appropriate professional, ethical and collaborative behaviours consistent with the responsibilities of this position.
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/01/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
This position will remain open until filled.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4296