Senior Manager Corporate Asset and Maintenance Management
Business Unit: Integrated Water Services
Division: Customer & Technical Services
Regular/ Auxiliary: Regular
Salary Min: $5,906.60 Salary Max: $6,948.94
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly
Review Date will begin: February 14, 2024, but will remain open until filled.
Note: Degree in related discipline, may be such as Finance, Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or Engineering. Asset Management Certification, Chartered Professional Accounting designation, and/or Professional Engineering designation are assets.
This position provides leadership and strategic direction to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programs and business processes for the division and corporately as it relates to Asset Management, Maintenance Management, and Corporate Fleet. The corporate asset management focus includes regional/municipal facilities, infrastructure, and buildings. This leadership position champions organizational change within their division and across the organization.
Key Accountabilities/Position Outcomes
- Provides leadership in developing, building, and leading organizational capacity through inclusive, positive, and values-based leadership.
- Ensures policies, structures, systems, resources, and management practices are in place and effective to support division initiatives.
- Determines and is responsible for operating requirements, planning, monitoring and management of the budgets for the division.
- Provides leadership and oversight to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the design and establishment of program review models, evaluation processes and methodologies consistent with standards, best practices and data stewardship. Ensures accountability and excellence in regulatory products and processes and promotes data integrity.
- Oversees the monitoring, analysis and research of trends and complex issues, provides advice and recommendations as well as participates in the development and implementation of policy directions and business strategies.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to integrate system approaches and solutions to best support organizational and operational goals including Health and Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Innovation and Optimization, Emerging Trends, Climate Change as well as best in class O&M.
- Advances asset management, workflow and maintenance management and asset investment solutions by working closely with internal stakeholders to support ongoing commitment to continual improvement.
- Provides leadership and management of employees and contractors within area of responsibility, including employment and labour relations matters involving: employee hiring, promotion, demotion and other personnel matters; discipline and discharge; representing management in the grievance procedure; input on behalf of management into labour relations matters, and representing management on committees; maintaining Employer confidentiality; and developing, supporting and implementing various corporate and legislated policies, procedures and practices.
- Degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years' directly related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
Professional engineering (P.Eng.) designation with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) or eligibility for designation.
CPA Designation (asset)
Valid BC Driver's Licence
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience, preferably in a unionized environment. Proven experience and demonstrated expertise in providing leadership and direction to staff including motivating and mentoring staff.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong written, verbal and listening skills combined with effective and proven meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated relationship management and consultation skills to develop and nurture key stakeholder linkages and partnerships which are critical to effective program development and delivery.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in related fields of asset management, maintenance management, and operations and maintenance service delivery business, ideally in the public sector. The corporate asset management focus includes regional/municipal facilities, infrastructure, and buildings such as facilities, underground utilities, water and wastewater treatment infrastructure, housing, parks and recreation buildings and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of commercial fleet operations and regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional motivation, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Operational knowledge of Worksafe BC regulations and the ability to plan and coordinate projects to ensure safety of employees, contractors, consultants and the public.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with diverse objectives and deadlines.
- Exceptional diplomacy, tact and communication skills.
CRD Leaders are champions for creating an accountable, high performance, service-oriented organization that makes a difference in our community. They pay attention to shifts and trends in an ever-changing and complex environment and think strategically to serve residents, businesses and local governments today while developing a sustainable organization for the future. The following is a leadership summary for this position.
Leadership Level 5 (L5)
Leaders at this level generally provide leadership and direction to multiple functional areas through lower-level managers. Operating with a high level of autonomy and exercising considerable judgment, these leaders develop operational and financial objectives and they provide strategic direction and deploy resources to ensure business objectives are achieved. They leverage relationships with internal and external clients to identify business issues and support business needs, and use in-depth functional and business expertise to direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems that cross functional lines.
While CRD Leaders are accountable to all Leadership Competencies, the competencies listed below have particular relevance to this position. Click here for a complete definition of our Leadership Levels and Competencies.
Sees the Big Picture
Is Accountable for Results
Understands the Politics
More search results
Civil Engineer/Project Manager, Infrastructure
Project Manager, Real Estate & Facilities
Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager (Civil)
Project Manager - Client Services