Manager, Maintenance Services (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Burnaby School District 41
- Burnaby, B.C.
- Starting $102,227 to $115,005
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Burnaby School District 41
Manager, Maintenance Services – On-Site
The Burnaby School District is on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Nations of Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish.
The Burnaby School District is the fourth largest in BC. The District operates 41 elementary and 8 secondary schools, including a range of district and provincial resource programs. The District supports and provides learning to 25,000 Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) students and to more than 6,000 adult learners through our established Burnaby Community & Continuing Education program. With more than 100 languages spoken in the homes of its students, the District is one of the most culturally diverse in Canada.
We have exceptional talent in our District and pride ourselves on being an engaging, collaborative, and supportive employer, as well as a progressive leader in education. We offer and welcome employees to take the opportunity to develop their careers within our District. There are many opportunities for those employees that possess the qualifications and capability to access positions of advancement. Employees are supported throughout their careers to engage in professional development opportunities by encouraging learning on assigned professional development days, providing professional development workshops, and providing the opportunity for reimbursement of external professional development.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Manager of Maintenance Services (Mechanical/Electrical) functions as part of the Facilities Office. The Manager is responsible for the mechanical/electrical operations of the maintenance services centre and works collaboratively with staff to achieve, promote, and coordinate mechanical/electrical maintenance services throughout the District. They manage the plumbing, electrical, machinist, and HVAC trades staff, develop, coordinate and execute projects that result in safety upgrades, and manage an annual budget.
The Manager of Maintenance Services will:
- Leads Foremen and staff in the delivery of plumbing, electrical, machinist, and HVAC trades work performed in the District and determines and prioritizes annual work schedule including capital projects;
- Oversees contracted installers of fire alarm, security system, video surveillance, and data networks;
- Conducts inspections of sites to address any maintenance and operational issues.
- Liaises with District staff, school administration, and contractors to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services and projects;
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, work assignment, performance management, attendance management, coaching and initiating corrective action where necessary;
- Develops key performance measures and metrics;
- Responds to school facility emergencies and safety related issues;
- Liaises with Human Resources to ensure consistent interpretation of the collective agreement and Health & Safety to ensure compliance with WorkSafeBC regulations;
- Conducts workplace investigations (e.g. bullying and harassment) in collaboration with Human Resources; and
- Performs duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completion of post-secondary Certificate in Engineering, Facilities Management, or Business Administration or related field or demonstrated combination of education and experience;
- Trades Qualified or Technical Designation required;
- 5 – 7 years’ direct experience in a related field;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BC Building Code, CEC, ASHRAE, CSA, and NFPA standards;
- Knowledge of energy conservation programs relevant to K-12 facilities;
- Extensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies, capital projects, contract management, budget development, business case development, financial controls and analysis;
- Ability to lead, facilitate and gain consensus with various stakeholders and teams;
- Ability to deal with conflict to resolve problems;
- Excellent communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Thorough knowledge of CMMS and comprehensive skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- A valid BC driver’s license and vehicle.
This position is a Professional Exempt, Regular, Full-time opportunity within the Burnaby School District. The compensation package will be determined based on qualifications and experience of each candidate and will be based on a starting salary range of is $102,227 to $115,005 and comprehensive benefits package and pension. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply with their cover letter, a resume with supporting documentation, and a minimum of three 3 current reference contacts on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/40A2eKn.
This position will remain open until filled.
Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Burnaby School District values inclusion and embraces diversity as a strength. Our goal is for all individuals to feel a sense of belonging in a safe, supportive and welcoming community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous, Black, people of colour, all genders, LGBTQ2+ and persons with disabilities.
More search results
Project Manager, Tenant Projects
QuadReal Property Group
111765 - Project Manager I, Richmond Project Mana…
Vancouver Coastal Health
IT Project Manager
Ledcor Group of Companies
Project Manager - 18 Month Contract