Manager, Project Management Office
The First Nations Health Authority is a diverse and transformational health organization of professional, innovative, and dedicated team members and leaders.
The first of its kind in Canada, FNHA works as a health-and-wellness partner with BC First Nations to support self-determination and decision-making to improve health outcomes.
The Project Management team within IMIT (Information Management and Information Technology), is responsible for the discovery, initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and control, and closing of assigned projects, to deliver the expected benefits and results on time and on budget. We are looking for an experienced Manager, PMO to manage our team of project managers, continue to mature the project management practice and ensure compliance with requirements and practice standards.
Title: Manager, Project Management Office (PMO)
Salary: $106,170 - $124,905 - $143,641 per year (pay range explained below)
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday- Friday (core hours- 9:00 am- 3:00 pm)
Location: Coast Salish Musqueam Nations: Metro Vancouver: Sinclair office – (Hybrid – minimum 50% in the office)
About the role
As the Manager, PMO, you will lead PMO in the management of the overall process of discovery, initiation, planning, implementation, and closing of projects according to the FNHA Project Management
Life Cycle. The role aligns PMO operations with the IMIT strategy of FNHA, to promote IT governance and enable business transformation. You will support the adoption of the FNHA change management methodology, and manage its integration within the PMO processes to effectively support the organizational transitions through the project lifecycle. Additionally, you will provide strategic input into the prioritization and implementation of projects within the context of FNHA strategic goals and direction and will allocate the PMO resources to deliver projects and support the business, and collaborates with FNHA managers / directors and executives to define Project Management methodologies, build PMO processes, and promote best practices throughout FNHA.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science/Business/Health Informatics) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificate in Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of Project Management experience in managing large complex organizations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing IT application and infrastructure projects, programs, or portfolios.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of demonstrated leadership and management responsibilities in leading diverse teams
- Proven experience in people, IMIT, risk and change management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in managing portfolio of large projects from inception to completion applying variety of project management methodologies, such as waterfall and agile.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of key issues and opportunities for BC First Nations health
Please refer to Job Specification section of the Job Description for more details.
Working at FNHA
As a member of the team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits from day one, including:
- Municipal Pension plan with an employer contribution of 9.31% (after 3 months)
- 4 weeks’ vacation, which increases with service to 5 weeks, plus 5 personal days, 1 volunteer day, and 14 public holidays including National Indigenous People’s Day and National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
- Access to group health benefits and a Health Care Spending Account through Canada Life on day 1 of employment
- And more!
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with Indigenous ancestry who chose to identify (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
Leading with culture, all FNHA employees complete San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. We support our family to be leaders in wellness and all staff members develop a yearly wellness plan as part of their performance partnership and goal-setting.
The Pay Range is the minimum and maximum annual salary based on full time equivalent hours.
Incumbents are typically hired, transferred or promoted between the minimum and midpoint of the range based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience in relation to the role requirements.
The top 10% of the pay range is for the incumbents who are industry experts in the job with the combination of exceptional experience and competencies needed to perform all duties and responsibilities at a superior capability level.
As a health and wellness organization, the FNHA has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021. We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at First Nations Health Authority. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
For more information about us, please visit: www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us
If you have any inquiries or issues please contact FNHA Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
Project Manager, Tenant Projects
QuadReal Property Group
Manager, Maintenance Services (Mechanical/Electri…
Burnaby School District 41
111765 - Project Manager I, Richmond Project Mana…
Vancouver Coastal Health
IT Project Manager
Ledcor Group of Companies