Planning and Project Manager
Category Planning and Content Discovery
Type Regular Full-time
Posting Type External
Work Location Central, Victoria, BC
Hours per Week 35
Salary Range (per hour) $52.81 to $57.38 (Pay Band 19)
Union Membership This is a Union Position (CUPE 410)
Greater Victoria Public Library (GVPL) is an innovative library system with one of the highest per capita usage rates in Canada. Our vision is to inspire literacy, lifelong learning, and community enrichment for all. Serving more than 380,000+ residents in the Greater Victoria area, we provide library service to 10 municipalities.
√ Do you have superb project management skills?
√ Are you driven by a passion to use research findings and data to make informed decisions and guide strategy?
√ Are you ready to take the next step in your career as a planner or project manager?
This union position reports to and is accountable to the Director of Library Services, Planning and Content Discovery for providing project management, research and analysis to support strategic initiatives and complex transformational service plans. Works collaboratively with members of the management team, provides project management, data and statistical analysis to inform decisions on library services and monitors performance measures and contributes to the continuous quality improvement of service delivery. Advises the senior management team and participates in the achievement of system-wide projects e.g., transforming IT infrastructure, expanding physical and virtual facilities, and building new service options for library patrons.
Education and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field of study (e.g. planning), AND Project Management Professional (PMP) certification plus three years experience managing complex projects, OR
- An undergraduate degree in a related field of study (e.g. planning), AND Project Management Certificate (PMC) plus five years managing complex projects
- Experience in project management methodologies, research design, data analysis and interpretation, performance measurement and business case development.
- Experience preparing written reports and providing advice and recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in a medium to large public sector organization - preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience supervising, leading staff including assignment and review of work, coaching and mentoring, performance management, in a unionized environment - preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Schedule is subject to change based on operational requirements.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- An annual salary range of $96,444.00 to $104,790.00 and a comprehensive benefits package, including extended health and dental benefits, and a defined-benefit pension plan.
- The successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory police information/background check.
Applicants must meet the required qualifications (education and experience, skills, knowledge, and ability) as noted in the job description in order to be considered for a position.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to clearly demonstrate on the application how their education and experience meet the qualifications as noted in the job description. The application should also include professional development taken to date.
Applicants should provide relevant work experience as noted in the job description.
Note: applicants may be required to submit verification of education.
Applicants may be asked to provide a demonstration of their skills and abilities in addition to an interview; details will be provided to applicants in advance to allow time for preparation.
If you are ready to make a positive career change that will provide you with the opportunity to truly make a difference in your community, please:
- Review the job description by visiting www.gvpl.ca/careers.
- Complete the GVPL Job Application Form found at www.gvpl.ca/careers.
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quote “2023-23E Planning and Project Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, May 31, 2023. Applications received after this date and time will not be considered. Only complete applications will be accepted.
This position is open to internal and external applicants and qualified internal applicants will be given preference.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants considered for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Senior Manager Corporate Asset and Maintenance Ma…
Capital Regional District
Technical Project Manager
Senior Environmental Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - Engineering (Vancouver b…