Senior Project Manager
- Stites Consulting Inc.
- Kamloops, BC
- Senior Project Manager
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Stites Consulting has ranked in the top 100 on the Report on Business Canada’s Top Growing companies in the last two years!
We welcome you to join our growing team!
Stites Consulting Inc. (Stites Co.) is a specialized project management consulting company based in Kamloops, BC. We provide professional project management services for government ministries, agencies, and organizational units. Our projects are often complex, dynamic, and non-conventional. We take time to understand our client’s overarching business objectives and strategically integrate these into the projects we manage.
Stites Co. is looking to expand our team with the addition of a Senior Project Manager. The role will require the successful candidate to have excellent time management skills, be extremely accurate, efficient, and detail oriented. The successful candidate will work with a diverse team of professionals and project managers. They must take direction, be able to multitask, and use professional communication.
Roles and responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager include but are not limited to:
- Establish, maintain, and control project scope, schedule, and budget
- Communicate and coordinate on strategic project objectives
- Develop and implement project management plans based on the principles of PMI
- Represent the project to internal and external stakeholders on processes and project deliverables
- Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of the projects including planning, design, construction, and project controls
- Lead team meetings
- Direct activities of the APM, Project Coordinator, or Project Assistant
- Conducts regular check-ins with assigned internal resources to inform resourcing, roles, and responsibilities on assigned projects
- Mentors and trains team members
The preferred candidate will have experience working with government agencies and vertical and/or linear infrastructure projects from planning through completion of construction.
Recommended education and experience for this position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor or masters level degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Planning, Architecture, and/or Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or an interest in pursuing PMI-PMP
- 5-10 years project management experience on small, medium, and large planning, design, and construction projects
- Experience delivering projects on behalf of provincial and local governments, agencies, and institutions
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Clear written and verbal communication abilities
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to plan and prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines and defined goals
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Maintain high quality client relationships
- Solve and approach difficult situations in a solution-oriented manner
- Demonstrate commitment to team and seek opportunities to exceed expectations
- Demonstrate reliability and resilience – see failure as an opportunity to learn and adapt
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and is independently motivated
- Exhibit flexibility – takes alternative perspectives into consideration
Renumeration for this role will be based on education, experience, and technical ability. Renumeration will be discussed with individual candidates.
More search results
Manager, Capital Buildings Project Development
City of Richmond
Strategic Natural Resource Consultants
Project Manager - Capital Project Office
BC Public School Employer's Association
LTL SDCB FORKLIFT OPERATORS PM SHIFT AVAILABLE
Express Employment Professionals