IT PROJECT MANAGER
- Prospera Credit Union
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
You are technically savvy who can speak in both tech and plain language: knowledgeable and insightful as you work alongside the digital banking team and business members, you can talk with the executive team and other non-tech types to ensure understanding. You can’t help but have fine attention to detail, an innate ability to convey what you know to others and love formulating, organizing and driving work efforts to completion, all the while keeping track of the resources, issues, risks, timelines, and budget. You have extensive experience successfully managing IT digital transformational projects while taking your fair share of learning lumps along the way. You’re currently seeking to plan and manage a few new challenging IT digital transformation projects and the opportunity to work with a team that’s eager to deliver but is consistently pulled in several directions and therefore requires your acute negotiating skills to ensure they allocate their time appropriately.
Under the direction of Prospera’s Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), the IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and driving the delivery of projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality specifications. If you’re experienced in working within a cross-functional team in an IT digital environment, have excellent communication skills, strict attention to detail, and the ability to organize and coordinate varied work activities then consider applying for this opportunity today!
What you’ll do:
• Interface with stakeholders and project team members to ensure high-quality IT digital solutions that meet the business needs
• Conduct stakeholder meetings and project status meetings in order to solicit status, feedback, input, and expectations
• Manage project resources including securing work efforts and accountable deliverables while motivating, coaching and advising
• Drive results by holding people accountable to deliver what is expected when
• Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated departmental and functional work; negotiate for resource usage, delivery timelines and prioritization when applicable
• Identify and document risks and establish mitigation and contingency plans to deal with the risks
• Identify, document, communicate and escalate issues as appropriate in order to keep the project on track and progressing towards its intended goals
• Document and receive approval for any change requests that are required to address a change in scope, budget or timeline
• Manage project activities; including the gathering of requirements, conducting kickoff, status, issue escalation and go-no-go meetings, work breakdown structures, change requests, and other project management deliverables as required throughout the life of the project
• Document, facilitate and potentially contribute to the design, implementation, integration and testing of relevant system changes
• Establish a Project Charter for each approved project
• Plan and baseline all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and work packages
• Produce regular reports (status, escalations, financials etc.) on the progress of projects
What you’ll need:
• Understanding of and keen interest in how Internal and External Digital Transformation can provide progressive direction of how it can transform the organization
• Experience in Digital and Open Banking including innovative approaches and products that can lead to market differentiation is extremely desirable
• Any experience with Digital collaboration including partnerships with outside entities that facilitate product innovation and membership enhancement is highly desirable
• Knowledge of Mobile, Web, Internet and Intranet concepts required
• Familiarity with prevailing digital banking trends, online collaboration, digital vendors and applications in the financial services or e-commerce space is highly desirable
• Has experience and interest in researching and evaluating emerging digital banking and Intranet approaches, technologies and methods
• Great people skills and the ability to quickly build a genuine rapport and trust with project team members, vendor partners and various stakeholders,
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels of the organization
• Highly effective influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across multiple functional and technical teams
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to articulate what is going on with the project at any time to any level of stakeholder
• Strong financial management skills to plan, track, forecast and monitor the variance between budget, actuals and anticipated costs
• Must have proven experience in identifying, documenting, mitigating and resolving project issues and risks
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Ability to negotiate with Resource Managers on a commitment of work effort and timeline of expected deliverables
• Savvy to hold people accountable to delivering on time and within quality expectations without alienating key resources
• Ability to identify and recommend alternatives when the project does not go according to plan and provide potential solutions to alleviate key issues
• Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, MS Project and MS Visio
• Experience with MS Project Online or Project Server is highly desirable
Your ideal qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with at least five years of professional IT project management experience required
• Technically savvy with a minimum of five years of professional experience working in IT
• MBA or other related advanced degrees
• PMP certification from PMI
• Credit Union, Banking or Financial Services experience is highly desirable
What’s in it for you?
Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: where all team members are valued, respected and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives
Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your springboard.
Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community minded activities throughout the year.
Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it!
Apply for our IT Project Manager opportunity at Prospera.ca/careers