Project Manager - Capital Project Office
- Job Category
- Project Management
Project manager-Capital project Office
In a spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that our organization and our schools are located on the traditional territories of British Columbia’s First Peoples.
The Conseil scolaire francophone is a public school board recognized nationally for its dynamism and innovative spirit. With over 1,200 employees, the CSF in British Columbia is one of the largest francophone employers in Western Canada.
The CSF is committed to ensuring equity, diversity and inclusion within all workplaces which are essential to the success and growth of all students and staff. An open and empowered community promotes the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged.
To apply for this position: https://emploi.csf.bc.ca/node/76108
The Project Manager reports to the Capital Projects Director of CSF Capital Project Office and works closely with District Facilities staff, school administrators and District managers and administrators.
RESPONSABILITIES : (non-exhaustive list)
- Confirming and documenting the detailed scope of work, investigating particularities of the proposed site (due diligence, environment sensitivity, location of services, space availability, etc.) and other issues that could affect the project cost and timing;
- Preparing and managing the project scope, project budget, project schedule and cash flow projection;
- Initiating, organizing and directing the efforts of the Project Team, consisting of the Project Manager, Design Team, Construction Manager/General Contractor, Client Representative (School Administrator, Department Head, or designate) and other parties as necessary;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers. On major projects, establishing and guiding the Project Steering Committee through planning and design phases as defined by Project Board Policy;
- Managing and administering the design phases of the project, the pre-construction phase, the construction phase and post construction phase of the project;
- Negotiating and resolving any outstanding claims and issues with contractors and/or consultants;
- Administering and managing the enforcement of the warranties provided by contractors and suppliers.
- A university degree in Engineering or Architecture, and/or certification as a Project Management Professional and/or Applied Science Technologist would be an asset.
- A minimum of three (3) years progressive management experience in project management and construction in projects of varying size and complexity is required, including:
- estimating, scheduling, co-ordination, cost control and reporting,
- design review and take-offs,
- computerized financial accounting and scheduling systems,
- conflict resolution, and
- customer service mechanisms.
- Broad understanding of construction and trades work.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and building systems, building codes, standards and regulations.
- Experience in accounting operations, planning and budgeting and/or resource management in the public sector or a large complex environment;
- Fluency in both spoken and written French and English.
- High degree of ability to plan, organize, and manage, in a team environment, based on a thorough knowledge of project, design and construction management methodologies and practices ;
- Strong financial skills for estimating, budgeting and control;
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and leadership skills :
- Ability to foresee, prevent and resolve conflicts and other project-related problems;
- Ability to skillfully negotiate, bargain, compromise and conciliate; and
- Ability to work independently, and at times under pressure, within established procedures and policies.
We thank you for your interest. We encourage applications from members of groups who have been marginalized on any of the grounds listed in the BC Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, disability, political beliefs, religion, marital or family status, age and/or First Nations, Métis, Inuit or Aboriginal status.
Please submit your application online by attaching your cover letter and resume in a single document.
To apply: https://emploi.csf.bc.ca/node/76108
We communicate only with the people we wish to meet in an interview. Please note that these take place in virtual or face-to-face mode.
More search results
Manager, Capital Buildings Project Development
City of Richmond
Senior Project Manager
Stites Consulting Inc.
Strategic Natural Resource Consultants
LTL SDCB FORKLIFT OPERATORS PM SHIFT AVAILABLE
Express Employment Professionals