This position is responsible for delivering a range of projects, minor and major, within budget and on time in the most efficient manner. The Project Manager will:
- Determine project scope and optimal approach to the project through participation in a consultative process with internal clients and senior management
- Create and maintain project schedules with clearly identified milestones and critical path items
- Prepare clear plans, specifications, Requests for Proposal, Invitations to Tender, addenda, Council reports, memoranda and other documents relating to the procurement process using thorough knowledge of construction contract law, CCDC contract documents, and public tendering practice
- Consult with outside agencies to obtain permit and utility approvals
- Manage projects through successful completion, ensuring legal and contract compliance, and client satisfaction, through respectful liaison with contractors, consulting professionals and others
- Administer contracts including preparation of clear change orders, cheque requisitions, and instructions to contractors
- Resolve problems using knowledge of up-to-date building technology for architectural, mechanical, electrical and structural disciplines and a thorough knowledge of materials and methods used in building construction.
- Manage disputes and claims
- Perform accurate cost tracking and reporting, including establishing realistic budgets and forecasts of final costs, detailed review of invoices and progress draws, and maintaining detailed project cost reports showing commitments, expenditures and available or received funding.
Education and Experience: University degree in Architecture or Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil) supplemented by post secondary education in project management and contracts, plus 10 years related experience, including a combination of engineering and project management experience in large building construction, renovation, and maintenance OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
A valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence is required.
The City of Delta provides a competitive annual salary of $101,779 - $121,373 (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested applicants are invited to apply online complete with cover letter and resume outlining your relevant background and work experience at www.delta.ca/employment, quote competition #19-30 EX by January 18, 2019