Manager, Minor Capital Construction
- Sooke School District 62
- Victoria, BC
- Job Category
- Project Management
Sooke School District 62
Leadership opportunities with an innovative and growing School District
Adjacent to Victoria on southern Vancouver Island, School District No. 62 (Sooke) is the fastest growing school district on Vancouver Island and one of the fastest growing districts in BC. The District operates in five municipalities: Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Sooke and the Highlands and acknowledges the traditional territories of the Coast Salish: T’Sou-ke Nation and Scia’new Nation and Nuu-chah-nulth: Pacheedaht Nation. We also recognize some of our schools reside on the traditional territory of Esquimalt Nation and Songhees Nation. The District employs over 2,000 educators and support staff and serves over 12,800 students The District’s Strategic Plan looks ahead to the future and focuses on three priority areas: learning, engagement and growth.
Manager, Minor Capital Construction
The Manager, Minor Capital Construction is a key leadership position which is responsible for the planning, approving, scheduling and managing of minor capital construction in order to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable learning environments in our existing schools. We are looking for candidates that:
- Strive for Personal Excellence
- Practice a Growth Mindset
- Think Critically and Creatively
- Effectively Communicate and Collaborate
- Build Relationships
- Foster Interconnectedness
- Model Leadership Excellence
- Encourage Employee Growth
- Use Systems Thinking Approach
- Provide a Strategic Direction
- Cultivate Community
If you posses the above qualities, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your education and experience in the following areas:
- Degree in Building Sciences, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience working in a planning, construction and management position with project values exceeding $2M
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent and progressive leadership experience; preferably in a unionized environment
- Strong knowledge of current best practices in the building and construction industry
- Strong working knowledge of construction code, accounting and law
- Strong working knowledge of hazard management techniques
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals such as time and schedule management
- Experience working with Board and Executive members in a confidential capacity
- Experience working in the K-12 education or public sector an asset
In addition to clearly demonstrating the above, you must also include the names of two references which must include your immediate supervisor as well as one other reference who can speak to your leadership skills. Other references may be contacted with your prior permission.
School District No. 62 (Sooke) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment. We believe in a learning and work environment that is welcoming and safe that values, reflects and appreciates differences.
Please apply online to Sooke 62 on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3wHLzX5 by February 16, 2023, 12:00 noon.
More search results
Project Control Officer / Contrôleur(e) de projets
Canada Post / Postes Canada
Manager, Capital Projects
School District 72 - Campbell River
Executive Director, Information Management and In…
First Nations Health Authority
Manager, Capital Buildings Project Development
City of Richmond
Senior Project Manager
Stites Consulting Inc.