Natural Resources Training Group (NRTG) is a private training agency specializing in developing and delivering high-quality hands-on and in-demand natural resource-related training programs. As one of North America’s leading provider of natural resource training we have delivered our short, customized, and applied ‘professional development’ programs to more than 22,000 industry professionals, organizations, and indigenous learners in communities in the United States and Canada. NRTG conducts business the right way: we lead with empathy and kindness to create a fabulous work environment where employees feel valued, supported, safe, and engaged. These same attributes are extended to our students and clients who receive our world-class training and free lifetime access to training and career support.
About The Role
The Operations Manager works closely with ownership and the NRTG team to enhance and further refine how we conduct business, manage growth, and develop new markets and clients. This role will lead systems development, staff mentoring and guidance, quality control and assurance, strategic planning, and relationship building with existing and future students and clients.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing day-to-day operations, effectively balancing the needs of the operations, the needs of the employees, the quality of service delivery and client satisfaction.
• Overseeing operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while identifying and implementing improvements or revisions.
• Anticipating and tracking operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions to the leadership team.
• Formulating strategic and operational objectives, including associated key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Monitoring and driving key performance indicators that optimize quality and client satisfaction while achieving growth goals.
• Managing and reporting budgets and forecasts, analyzing variances and, when necessary, implementing corrective actions to promote profitability.
• Participating with NRTG senior staff to recruit, train and supervise staff, ensuring staff are engaged and supported using values–based leadership principles consistent with the well established organizational culture.
• Working closely with the leadership team to ensure all operational initiatives are properly executed, compliant, and in accordance with best practices.
First and foremost, you lead with your heart. You have demonstrated success building systems, managing growth, and maximizing staff and company potential. Education Education qualifications may include a degree or advanced degree in Business Management, Operations Management, or a related field.
Requirements and Skills The applicant must show demonstrated success and experience:
• as an Operations Manager or similar role.
• improving organizational effectiveness and operations management.
• managing budgets, developing and implementing strategic planning, and forecasting growth.
• in communication skills, focusing on empathy, kindness, and patience.
• with success in leadership roles.
• with strategic planning The Benefits The benefits offered by NRTG include the opportunity to work with great people and a passionate and grateful client base, and to create a position and role that truly makes a difference to others. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer great benefits, including employee wellbeing and assistance programs, flexible arrangements to help you achieve work-life balance (remote work, flexible hours), and a priority to providing you with professional development opportunities and career growth.
More search results
Senior Manager Corporate Asset and Maintenance Ma…
Capital Regional District
Technical Project Manager
Senior Environmental Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - Engineering (Vancouver b…