Deputy Chief Project Officer, Redevelopment & Major Projects
- Fraser Health Authority
- Burnaby Hospital
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Fraser Health (FH) is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced Deputy Chief Project Officer (DCPO) to manage and work in unison with the Chief Project Officer (CPO) towards leading the design, construction, planning and support teams for the transformative Burnaby Hospital Redevelopment multi-phase project.
Reporting to the CPO, the DCPO will be accountable for providing daily coordination, direction and management related to planning, design, equipment and construction, including project support and results administration. The DCPO will work and interface with the Chief Clinical Planner (CCP) in a dyad collaboration to ensure that the planning, design and construction of the facilities align with the approved clinical scope and operational requirements towards timely operational readiness and change management for the new facilities. As a key member of the leadership team for the project, the successful candidate will be clear, caring and courageous, with a proven ability to implement and advance large, complex construction and redevelopment projects. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the redevelopment of a future-focused hospital poised to be both a progressive infrastructure design and clinical care delivery model for years to come.
The Deputy Chief Project Officer is accountable for:
- Advising and consulting with the CPO on a range of Project Agreement related areas/issues to implement and meet the project’s strategic objectives;
- Representing the CPO and the project to internal and external partners in the areas of project governance, processes, accountabilities and deliverables;
- Supporting the CPO and project team in the effective and timely discharge and management of Fraser Health’s responsibilities as set in the Design-Build and/or Construction Management phases (Design, Affordability, and DB/CM Project Agreement);
- Supporting the CPO and project team in the effective and timely discharge and management of the contractors’ responsibilities as set in the Design-Build and/or Construction Management phases (Design, Affordability, and DB/CM Project Agreement);
- Overseeing and coordinating the daily work stream aspects of the project, including clinical planning, design, construction, equipment, communications, operations, IMIT and the project support and results office; and
- Leading all standards, risks, costs, schedules, roles, affordability checks, shadow verification, procurement, change process and consultant deliverables.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed Masters Degree in a relevant field, Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Demonstrated senior leadership expertise, including the ability to lead and manage all areas of a large complex capital project (i.e. Design Bid Build, Design Build Finance, Design Build, Competitive Alliance, Construction Management, P3 projects, etc.);
- Excellent relationship building, stakeholder management and change management skills; and
- Ability to engage, lead and oversee a team of employees and consultants to achieve project deliverables while managing resources within established budget parameters.
If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity with Fraser Health, please contact Paul Phillips, Interim Director, Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable and culturally safe manner.
More search results
Executive Director, Information Management and In…
First Nations Health Authority
Senior Project Manager
Stites Consulting Inc.
Technical Project Manager, Medical Imaging Consul…
Soil Scientist/Project Manager
Project Manager - Mining