Senior SAP Developer
Senior SAP Developer
Finance & Technology – Information Technology GIS
Competition Number: 22/352
Employment Type: Regular Full Time (4 Year Term)
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $48.40 t0 $54.86 per hour (2023 rates)
Review of applications begins: 4:00pm on January 11, 2023
The Senior SAP ABAP Developer is an integral part of the SAP Technical team who promotes direct collaboration ties with the SAP Functional team and is responsible for the ongoing development and support of the Capital Regional District’s SAP system. The incumbent works closely with business and application teams, focuses on SAP application development, integration with SAP and non-SAP systems and delivering SAP solutions that meet the CRD’s organizational needs.
The anticipated length of this term assignment is approximately 4 years.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology plus six years’ experience working in SAP or an equivalent ERP system involving application development. and integration with other corporate systems such as GIS, Sharepoint and Tempest
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply and may consider a combination of experience, education and/or training where possible.
NOTE: For the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, the CRD requires verification of your COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
People working in this role can expect to be responsible for performing the following duties. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and other related duties similar in scope and complexity may be performed.
- Leads, coordinates and documents SAP system projects through all phases from planning through to maintenance and support including providing project updates to stakeholders.
- Collaborates with system users to document, review, analyze, and evaluates business systems processes, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Drafts and recommends strategies, best practices, policies and procedures to support SAP development throughout the CRD.
- In collaboration with the Manager, SAP Technical Services, and stakeholders, participates in defining project scope and objectives for SAP business systems, ensuring stakeholder requirements will be met.
- Develops, coordinates, executes and reviews test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to ensure all objectives are met and solutions work as expected.
- Assists user(s) with the use and adoption of system changes, including preparing process documentation and training materials, conducting training sessions and providing support after go-live.
- Leads SAP development, reporting needs and ERP standards and provides ongoing maintenance.
- Collaborates with SAP application team and business stakeholders to understand their business needs, define and collect business and system requirements.
- Transforms business and system requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
- Analyzes requirements, determines work estimates and schedules for development, testing, deployment and post-deployment support.
- Collaborates, and contributes in all phases of the systems development life cycle (design, development and testing) including the technical analysis, design and development of new modules to meet business requirements.
- Assists existing business units while analyzing requests to enhance or interface SAP modules with current and/or proposed systems.
- Owns overall delivery accountability and success for custom developments. Performs code reviews, identify opportunities to reuse or reduce existing custom codes and provides inputs for improvements as required and/or identified.
- Leads, coordinates functional tests, unit and integration tests, regression tests, performance tests, and other testing support involving technical and non-technical groups within the organizations.
- Analyzes and resolves complex problems which may include analyzing the business and technical risks of possible solutions based on SAP data structures and relationships between modules.
- Liaises with business and IT staff to ensure project deadlines are achieved.
- Supervises and reviews the work of external consultants.
- Collaborates with SAP, external consultants and cloud solution providers for project and ongoing operation support.
- Collaborates with IT Service desk, SAP application team, and IT users across all CRD divisions to determine system requirements and to resolve complex problems.
- Follows all policy, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful at the CRD, candidates should have a shared understanding of our Cultural Traits and Statement of Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Additionally, ideal candidates would possess the following role specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience with SAP Mobility platform, SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services and related technologies
- Knowledge of web development and data consumption techniques.
- Knowledge of web technologies like jQuery, SOAP & REST, OData.
- Knowledge of HANA, Core Data Services (CDS), SQL programming and Data Modelling.
- Knowledge of SAP IDOCS, BAPI and ALE, reports and workflow development
- Knowledge of current trends in SAP related products and solutions (eg: ECC,S/4 HANA, Business Intelligence)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems including the many business frameworks and associated module relationships.
- Knowledge of ITIL, change management processes and stakeholder consultations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders, technical and non-technical staff and external partners to understand and document business requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial principles and practices as related to working in an integrated ERP System.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes with the ability to complete projects on time, within scope and within budget.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of business analysis methodologies to gather and analyze data and develop recommendations and solutions for moving forward.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced with integration and configuration of DMS application with other SAP modules; Asset Accounting, Finance and Controlling, Plant Maintenance, HROM, etc.
- Knowledge in SAP Plant Maintenance, HR, FICO and other SAP modules would be asset.
- Development, implementation, customizing and integration of SAP mobility and Fiori applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with stakeholders, technical teams, senior management and other co-workers.
- Ability to coordinate work of those over whom one has no direct authority
- High level of proficiency and experience with MS office tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to request in a timely manner.
More search results
Civil Engineer/Project Manager, Infrastructure
Project Manager, Real Estate & Facilities
Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager (Civil)
Project Manager - Client Services