IT Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator supports the planning and execution of IT projects; provides IT applications and communications support to user groups; provides support in the development of IT policies and procedures according to the work performance standards set by the College. Responsible for preparing training materials/manuals as needed for the IT teams. Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as directed.
Education & Experience:
- Two-year diploma from a recognized institution in business administration, communications, information technology or related discipline.
- Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM or formal project management training is an asset.
- ITIL Foundation Certification is an asset.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in project management administration and support.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in writing, editing, and formatting technical guides, process and procedural documents, and other materials for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering training programs and classes.
- Experience in providing specialized administrative support in a technical environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Project, desktop publishing, and web content publishing.
- Experience with productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Confluence and JIRA is an asset.
- Experience working with Cascade CMS, an asset.
- Experience providing technical support to users, an asset.
- Experience with writing, editing, and formatting formal policy and procedure documents, an asset.
- Working knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and to provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Knowledge of a variety of network and software applications required for providing user support in an IT environment.
- Effective presentation communication skills; ability to clearly explain concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage to deadlines and within organizational constraints
- Ability to take ownership and proactively complete tasks as required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in both highly technical and non-technical environments with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and action when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters; ability to maintain tact and discretion.
- Ability to learn and understand broad knowledge of current and new technologies and practices in information systems.
- Ability to describe technical concepts to users and train users on applications and computer-related equipment.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical documentation.
- Ability to keep IT skills and knowledge up to date.
More search results
Director of Operations
Cowichan Valley School District 79
Interim Manager, Capital Projects
Campbell River School District 72
Project Manager - Silver Sand
New Pacific Metals Corp.
Project Manager (Civil Construction)
Project Manager I
Vancouver Coastal Health