Have you ever been on an amusement park ride and thought of ways to make it better? Want to be a part of building what has never been built before? At Dynamic Attractions, our mission is to be the global leader in the development and provision of ride and attractions-related systems through our shared values of innovation, trust, integrity, safety, and teamwork.
We work with the leading names in the theme park industry to design and manufacture world-class thrill and multi-media amusement ride systems. Our engineering expertise is also sought-after for ground-breaking projects in various industries.
We collaborate with our clients from concept development through to installation and not only will you contribute to every step of the process, you will be able to see our designs come to life at our Port Coquitlam fabrication facility.
Our cutting-edge product lines include:
- Theater systems
- Coaster systems
- Track-Guided Vehicle systems
- Autonomous-Guided Vehicle systems, and
- Complex Structures (telescope observatories, subsea equipment, etc.)
We are internationally renowned for creating unforgettable experiences. The innovative nature of our projects provides ample opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking for interesting work with a collaborative team and exciting products, then this is the place for you!
Overview of the position:
In the role of Project Manager, you'll have overall accountability for assigned projects from project initiation through to commissioning and project close-out. You’ll be tasked with ensuring delivered products meet budget, timing and technical requirements. Your assigned projects will involve creating a theme park ride system and leading it through initial concept development, engineering design, procurement, fabrication, shipping, installation and commissioning. You will lead the project team and collaborate with each department for the successful completion of the most complex people-carrying systems in the world.
This position will be based out of Port Coquitlam and will have the flexibility to work a hybrid work schedule.
- Act as central point of contact for project coordination and communication between customers, sales, accounting, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, installation, and product support.
- Manage a professional, productive, and proactive relationship with our customers as the key interface point for assigned projects.
- Manage the human, financial and operational resources necessary to meet contractual and company related obligations of the project to ensure profitability.
- Develop, in conjunction with department managers, project plans, schedules, internal work breakdown structures, budgets, and internal/external resource plans.
- Facilitate the technical interaction between engineering teams and customers.
- Work closely with Project Accounting to forecast project costs and invoicing to support company cash flow planning.
- Successfully manage the execution of the project as per the contractual project terms.
- Monitor project progress to ensure successful delivery, including:
- Tracking actual hours and costs against budgets to identify and correct issues,
- Identifying potential risks and corresponding mitigation plans,
- Anticipating project challenges by developing containment plans that eliminate or minimize impacts to projects,
- Manage the project scope to ensure activities outside contractual commitments are captured in change orders.
- Lead project meetings, design reviews, and customer meetings.
- Provide status reports to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Adhere to internal project life cycle process and stage gates/milestones, including kick off, proper reviews, and lessons learned.
- Complete project close-out activities, including: archiving of project data, facilitating post-build and lessons learned reviews, reconciling material lists and parts, and handover to our after-sales support team.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to company systems and processes to support successful delivery of future projects.
- Assist sales team with the development of project scopes, schedules, and budgets for the bidding on new work.
- Manage the selection, contractual commitments and performance of all sub-contractors/vendors in conjunction with our Supply Chain and Quality teams.
- Drive a collaborative and proactive approach to vendor management.
- Liaise with the executive groups as required.
Safety and Risk Management
- Oversee and proactively manage risk across all projects in the portfolio and provide direction to the project team as required on risk management.
- Report project risks to the COO and CTO office.
- Ensure the implementation of industry leading safety standards and practices across the project.
- Ensure Quality management procedures and processes are implemented across the project.
People and Communication
- Oversee project resourcing.
- Use communication best practices for the successful execution of the project.
- Support the implementation and execution of shared learning, including best practices.
- Champion Dynamic’s values, ethics and vision throughout the execution of the project.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of project management experience with a clear history of success in complex projects.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in delivering complex electro mechanical projects, working through a formal phased gate process is preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in large industrial projects with design, fabrication, installation and commissioning phases is preferred.
- Experience in the project management of amusement ride/theme park industry is preferred, but not essential.
- Project Management certification (PMP) or equivalent training is preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, preference being mechanical, electrical and structural disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience and confidence with being client facing.
- Exceptional ability to anticipate and proactively solve problems.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on technical issues.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong experience with project management tools, processes and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of contracts and contract management.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Excellent ability to manage change driven by client needs.
- Strong experience with planning and monitoring project costs with a focus on identifying issues early on and preventing overruns.
- The successful candidate must be able to travel within North America and internationally for extended periods, several times a year and is expected to be site based for site phase of project.
More search results
Project Manager, Facilities
Project Manager II
BC College of Nurses & Midwives
Senior Project Manager - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc.
Project Manager - Infrastructure
Ledcor Construction, Inc.
Remote - Senior Project Manager, Cloud Enablement…