Project Coordinator – Strategic Land Programs (Term for a period of up to 2 years)
The Project Coordinator – Strategic Land Programs (“Project Coordinator”) is responsible for coordinating and administering the delivery of real estate projects within the Real Estate Division.
As assigned, the Project Coordinator will collect and analyze project-level information and produce reports and dashboards to help ensure coordination of inter-departmental contributions to multiple projects and the efficient and consistent planning, execution, monitoring and controlling of elements common to the projects such as risk, schedule, resources, engagement and Indigenous consultation; among others.
The Project Coordinator will also contribute to the development of the port authority’s Project Management Framework as well as identify opportunities for improvements and implement approved changes.
This role will:
Project Support - Strategic Land Program
- Write briefing papers, business cases, submissions, reports and presentations to facilitate project approvals
- Prepare requests for proposal; participate in the selection of consultants and contractors
- Collect, analyze and summarize project-level information and prepare status reports and dashboards
- Prepare high level schedules for project delivery and resource management purposes
- Coordinate the planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and reporting, and closing of project work activities, risks and budget
- Assist with the preparation of project cost estimates
- Book and facilitate meetings, record and track open action items, issues and risks and ensure timely resolution
- Coordinate and administer consultant activities, reporting on status and checking progress claims
- Support contract administration for consulting services, including development of proposal requests, submissions, coordination of contracts, and review of deliverables, as required. Engage regularly with other VFPA departments to ensure a common understanding of roles and responsibilities and to support resource management and coordination of inter-departmental contributions to projects
- Coordinate and participate in communication and consultation with project stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement approved changes
- Provide recommendations and explore real estate strategy for the port authority, as required
- Provide real estate knowledge to the project team, as required
Project Management Framework
- Develop project document and records management plans and coordinate document control and records management
- Prepare documentation, work instructions, and other training material for project team processes, practices and tools
- Identify opportunities for improvements and implement approved changes
The successful candidate have a university degree in business, project management, or another acceptable degree from a recognized educational institution along with a minimum of three (3) years’ related experience in the concurrent delivery of projects including project planning, execution, monitoring and reporting, procurement, business requirement gathering, and process improvements within a real estate or property management environment. A PMP, CAPM or other project or program management certification or education is required. Experience in commercial real estate strategy is an asset. A high level of computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office. SharePoint, Visio and other presentation and database applications desirable.
This position is ideal for an individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and positively with all contacts, internally and externally. Must be able to work independently, accurately and on own initiative to maintain work output with minimum supervision. Must be a highly organized and detailed-oriented individual who can manage competing priorities and perform multiple tasks as required. Must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills.
More search results
Senior Project Manager, Coast Solutions Task Group
Director, RBT2 Progam Controls
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
Senior Specialist, PMO
TransLink (South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority)
Manager of Projects
BC College of Nurses & Midwives
Assistant Manager of Transportation
Kamloops-Thompson School District 73