Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range: $65,871 To $78,658 Annually
SFU Department Description: Centre for Educational Excellence
Position Grade: 9
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
The Centre for Educational Excellence (CEE) at Simon Fraser University is inviting applications for a new Manager, Finance, Operations and Projects. CEE supports teaching excellence at SFU through hundreds of workshops, consultations and support for online course development each year.
The new Manager of Finance, Operations and Projects role supports the Senior Director of CEE in coordinating centre-wide operations in the areas of (1) long-term financial planning and budget reporting, (2) project management for major projects, such as the development of a new website, implementing the centre’s communication strategy and projects focusing on documenting and promoting the centre’s work and (3) supporting operations and process design for collaboration across teams and divisions, and in our collaboration with partners across the university. Experience in project management, data analysis, budgeting and strong communication and writing skills and initiative are central to this role. CEE is a dynamic and diverse work environment; our teams engage in ongoing professional development and continue to expand their skills to meet the needs of instructors and students at SFU.
The Manager, Finance and Operations is responsible for providing support to the supervisor in coordinating centre-wide operations in the areas of long-term financial planning, budgeting and budget reporting, project management for projects, including projects focusing on the assessment, documentation and promotion of CEE's work, business analysis, operations and process design and overseeing and managing centre-wide communications projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and three years of related experience, including financial administration, communications, policy and planning, project management and data analysis, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Excellent knowledge of university policies, procedures, protocol and governance.
- Demonstrated understanding of post-secondary institutions.
- Good understanding of long-range planning and policy processes.
- Advanced financial administration and accounting skills.
- Project management skills from proposal development through to project implementation, and reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving and data analysis skills, including data visualization.
- Strong digital and information literacy skills, familiarity with project management applications.
- Skilled in project and event management including working with project teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and professional writing skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects to timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of empathy, tact, diplomacy, and discretion, exercise judgment, initiative and discretion involving sensitive matters.
- Ability to think independently and creatively, using a high level of initiative.
- Ability to conduct research best practices and synthesize large amounts of information and make recommendations.
- Ability to present information effectively to multiple audiences, in multiple formats.
- Ability to function effectively in a consultative decision-making environment.
- Ability to work strategically and adapt to changing or shifting priorities, and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to lead change and create a positive working environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and stakeholders across multiple seniority levels.
We are seeking candidates with a strong background in accounting, project management, as well as experience in impact assessment and data collection.
Review of applications begins January 5th, 2022.
More search results
Director, Project Management and Business Optimiz…
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
University of the Fraser Valley
Agile Project Lead II (Hybrid Project Manager)
ADMN O 24R - Senior Project Management Analyst
BC Public Service
ADMN O 24R - Senior. Project Management Analyst
BC Public Service