The Burnaby School District is looking to hire a full-time FACILITIES TECHNOLOGIST. This position will be responsible for providing technical and architecture information support to ensure maintenance programs and projects adhere to applicable codes, by-laws and regulations. This position communicates between internal staff and external consultants/contractors to enable the successful completion of assigned projects.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- A two-year diploma in Building Technology (Architectural or Building Science) from a recognized institution
- Three years related work experience and/or equivalent combination of training and/or experience
- Demonstrated experience, skills and ability in computer-aided drafting
- Sound knowledge of British Columbia Building Code and other applicable entities
- Valid and current B.C. Driver’s License (Class 5)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet multiple and competing deadlines as well as respond to time-oriented emergencies
Applicants are expected to:
- Have thorough knowledge of computer operation and software applications related to work performed
- Maintain good interpersonal skills and have good verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, continuing position that works 40-hours/week. The position pays $31.28 per hour and includes a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health and dental, paid sick and vacation, pension plan and life insurance.
Applications will only be accepted through Make A Future (https://bit.ly/3zWXYWB)
Please include your cover letter, resume, and copies of relevant certificates/qualifications with your application.
Successful completion of a criminal record search is a legislated requirement and will be completed upon hire.
We thank all applicants for this position, however, only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Manager of Transportation
Kamloops-Thompson School District 73
Implementation Project Manager
SKYTRAC Systems Ltd.
Project Manager - Mechanical