Project Manager Facilities Construction
You are an experienced and strategic Project Manager who is looking to create an impact in health care! You have a strong knowledge of building systems, a passion for sustainable solutions, and are curious about the integration of specialized health care equipment within our facilities. From the development of business plans through to the implementation of project solutions, you can make a difference.
PHSA is seeking two passionate Project Managers to lead Sustainable Infrastructure projects and Integration of Specialized Healthcare Equipment projects.
Apply your project management expertise and skills in building relationships in order to support the facility needs of our many programs such as BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital and Health Care Centre, BC Cancer, BC Mental Health & Substance Use, Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) corporate offices, and much more.
Join our growing Facilities Management: Project Management Office team and contribute to the planning and development of the future of healthcare. Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, the project manager will lead a number of small to medium sized building infrastructure projects across the PHSA portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Engage with stakeholders including Energy Environment and Sustainability, Facilities Management and Operations, BC Cancer, and BCC Research to develop business plans, feasibility studies, and implement important building infrastructure upgrades in our facilities, including incorporation of specialized healthcare equipment.
- Use PHSA’s PM methodologies and tools to implement projects from initiation through to close out and warranty, including preparing project charters and plans, identifying risks and risk strategies, and developing project budgets and schedules.
- Be an accountable Project Manager by communicating effectively with various stakeholders and governance committees with respect to the project status, ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Procure and manage consultants, contractors or vendors in accordance with PHSA’s procurement policies.
- Assure proper project close out including project documentation submissions, deficiency resolution, warranty reviews, financial reconciliation and sharing lessons learned.
- Adhere to PHSA policies, codes and regulations in the delivery of projects
What you bring
- A professional project management designation (PMP)
- A professional degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Sustainable Design or Construction Managemen
- Five to seven years’ recent related experience in facilities/capital project design, planning and management working with complex, multi-disciplinary facility projects with applicable codes and regulations. Relatable experience as Building Performance Lead, Energy Management, Sustainable Specialist, Building Infrastructure Project Manager
- Excellent communication skills including demonstrated experience in business plan and/or briefing note writing
- Experience planning and implementing projects related to green house gas reduction and building resiliency, or major equipment integration would be an asset
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
This position is based in Vancouver and will occasionally need to physically attend various sites throughout the province. A vehicle and valid driver’s license are required.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full Time
Location 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver and/or 1333 W BroadwayVancouver, BC V6H 1G9
Hours and Days 0800-1600;Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
More search results
Sr Category Lead
Project Manager - Industrial Construction Division
Gisborne Industrial Construction Ltd
Category Lead (3 roles)
Agile Project Manager
IT/IQ TECH RECRUITERS
Project Manager, PMO
Traction On Demand