TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to plan and implement several projects in Life Science’s isotope production program. This role will deliver on objectives for each project, on budget, on time, and safely, for the lifecycle of each project, from initiation to closing. Your other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining and controlling the scope, budget and schedule
- Using TRIUMF’s project management and tools
- Supervising project work, including the work of contractors
- Producing needed project documentation and reports
- Reporting to project leadership and stakeholders
- Anticipating and mitigating risks
- Leading ad hoc teams to solve inter-disciplinary problems
- Liaising with TRIUMF’s industry partners and fostering productive business relationships
You will also be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
As our ideal candidate, you will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and proven project leadership skills. Your other qualifications include:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project and Excel
- Proven documentation skills
- Strong abilities in project planning, including resource estimations and developing appropriate performance indicators
- Forward thinking with strong problem-solving skills, sound technical and management judgment, attention to detail, and prioritization
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant, professional experience composed of at least 5 years of engineering experience after graduation and 5 years of project management experience with demonstrated results leading projects
Although not a requirement, the following knowledge, skills and abilities would be considered an asset to your application.
- Familiarity with Solidworks or AutoCAD
- Knowledge of nuclear ventilation, the production and business of medical isotope, and of GMP
- A degree in mechanical engineering or engineering physics
- Experience with project management in a multidisciplinary research environment
- A PMP designation
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your application package must be submitted by email to email@example.com. To be accepted for consideration applications must be complete, and must include the following in one PDF file:
- Subject line: 865
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: September 18, 2021
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.