- An exciting role for an experienced project manager to work with a well-established construction company.
- Challenge yourself and accelerate your career with an organization that wants to see you succeed!
- Use your high-rise concrete construction experience and be rewarded with a competitive salary and attractive benefits.
About Metro-Can Construction
With almost 40 years of combined industry experience, Metro-Can Construction is a general contractor specialized in high-rise and low-rise residential, commercial and institutional projects across the lower mainland. Our commitments to excellent customer service and professionalism have been rewarded with a growing leading reputation since 1964. We recognize that our success and durability also stem from our highly experienced, loyal and hardworking teams, which consistently deliver projects that meet our clients' expectations, time and budget.
At Metro-Can Construction, we believe in building our own internal community, and that's why we created a workplace where family time is just as important as professional excellence. Our tagline “WE MAKE IT HAPPEN” creates a company lifestyle and value system that benefits and enriches everyone. This culture is also underpinned by our core values outlined in more detail below. If this feels like an environment you could thrive within, then we want to hear from you.
- Take Care of Each Other - Our highly skilled veterans work side-by-side with the next generation of builders, imparting their knowledge and wisdom so that we continue to build our facilities the best way possible. We strive for excellence in our personal lives and our work, and we’re proud to be a company that places an equal value on both.
- Build Great Things - Through our multi-residential, commercial and institutional work, we have helped shape the skyline of Vancouver.
- Be Innovative - Developing a unique level of service is at the core of what we do and the value of what our clients are seeking. To stand by our promise, our experienced professionals are driven to constantly incorporate new work practices, design elements and ways to maximize the investment opportunity for developers.
- Have Fun - We recognize the value of being a company that looks out for the health and welfare of our employees. To achieve great things, we work hard, but we also have fun!
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Metro-Can Construction currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Manager to join our team on a full-time basis. This role will see you working on one of our sites throughout the Lower Mainland.
As our new Project Manager, you will perform supervisory duties based on-site office while ensuring exceptional safety, quality and environmental stewardship. You will also be responsible for the onsite construction plan and will be working closely with the Project Manager to guarantee commitments are met on time and within budget.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Tracking project performance by analyzing the successful completion of short and long-term milestones.
- Maintaining budgetary objectives and forecast while adjusting to optimize project financial goals.
- Collaborating with project superintendent(s), project coordinator(s), administrator, and sub-contractors to ensure all aspects of the project are organized.
- Managing the full project's lifecycle.
- Negotiating and assigning subcontracts.
- Ensuring the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, and closure of projects.
- Coordinating with consultants, subcontractors, and the client to ensure deliverables stay within the applicable scope and budget.
- Planning and allocating project resources, preparing budgets, monitoring the progress of works, and keeping stakeholders informed.
- Organizing meetings, creating schedules, recording, setting completion dates, and following up on action items for individuals or groups.
- Building a detailed project schedule.
- Forecasting and managing cost.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of direct supervisory experience as a Project Manager in the commercial and residential construction industry. This experience will be combined with a college or technical trade certification in a construction-related field. You'll also join us with a strong knowledge of high-rise concrete-built structures, construction drawings, construction practices and contract documentation. Finally, you will have experience in preparing scopes of work and contracts across all MasterFormat divisions as well as proficient Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Teams) knowledge. Experience using Procore, Bluebeam will be considered an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you'll take responsibility to safely execute the work in a prompt and efficient manner by demonstrating excellent leadership and client-facing communication skills. Your strong interpersonal skills will combine with your technical knowledge and experience to drive our project forward while always delivering high-quality results. Utilizing your aptitude for stakeholder, time and organization management, you'll work diligently towards competing deadlines. Your dedication to the work you do and your natural ability to make things better will foster a positive working environment for the greater team.
Above all, you'll be a reliable team player who is eager to combine your passion for construction with the responsibility of leading a project team to success.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary along with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Medical-dental package after 3 months.
- Life and long-term disability insurance.
- RRSP matching program up to 2.5% of your annual salary after a year of employment.
- Vacation starting at 2 weeks on joining and increasing as your time with the company increases.
- A company phone.
- Training and education programs are available to enhance skills relative to your position.
- Opportunities for career progression within our organization.
- Many social events, including our annual golf tournament, annual Christmas party, and hockey/soccer tickets.
This is a challenging and dynamic role within a team that prides itself on delivering results.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, Make It Happen and Apply Now!
More search results
Senior Director, Infrastructure & Capital Projects
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners
Project Manager, PMO
Senior IT Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions