Project Manager IT
At Doctors of BC our vision is to promote a social, economic, and political climate in which members can provide the citizens of BC with the highest standard of health care, while achieving maximum professional satisfaction and fair economic reward.
Named the #20 Best Workplace™ in Canada for 2020 and specially recognized as being a Best Workplace™ for Women, Inclusion, and Giving Back; it's our people and the spirit they bring to the workplace that makes us such a great place to work!
Together, we make a difference so our doctors can make theirs. Join us today!
DEPARTMENT: People & Technology
The People and Technology Department is comprised of three teams:
The People & Strategy team manages recruitment, employee benefits, compensation, job evaluation, policies and procedures, rewards and recognition, training, employee engagement initiatives and supports the culture at Doctors of BC. The People & Strategy team will also support questions and concerns regarding team work or work environment.
The Infrastructure team manages the physical assets of Doctors of BC related to the building, office equipment and maintenance of the building. The team also responds and provides resolution to any issues concerning office equipment, furniture and building maintenance. They also manage the internal and external mail, and take care of general office services and provide support to the tenants within the building.
The Information Technology provides technical and software support and training to the employees of Doctors of BC. The IT team is a strategic business partner to further advance the interests of Doctors of BC through technology.
THE TEAM: Information Technology Team
The Information Technology team is responsible for the implementation, support and integration of our technology systems such as computer hardware, applications, cloud technologies, and cybersecurity solutions. The team provides service and support to employees, in addition to specific technology supports for Divisions of Family Practice, Medical Staff Associations and PSP Regional Support Teams. The team evaluates existing business processes for potential workflow improvements, and selects and implements technology solutions to ensure our employees have the tools necessary to be effective.
THE JOB: Project Manager, Information Technology
Reporting to the PMO Manager, the Project Manager, Information Technology (PMIT), is responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of all assigned projects. This includes planning, executing, monitoring schedules, identifying risks, managing resources and reporting. The PMIT maintains detailed plans throughout the project life cycle, takes account of dependencies, coordinates with cross discipline teams and stakeholders, and works with external vendors to ensure all projects deliver the expected business outcomes.
In addition, the PMIT recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures, evaluates trends, anticipates requirements, and contributes to process improvement initiatives as it relates to project delivery. With a focus on digital transformation and a cloud-first mandate, the PMIT will play a vital role in implementing software solutions that improve the employee and member experience across Doctors of BC.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Building Relationships (A)
- Sets objectives necessary for obtaining feedback and assistance.
- Shares ideas, issues, and opportunities with members of personal network.
- Seeks referrals from others with relevant expertise and influence.
- Attends and maintains relationships with relevant formal and informal professional groups and organizations.
Communication for Results (A):
- Converses with, writes reports for, and creates/delivers presentations to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support problem solving and planning. Seeks a consensus with business partners.
- Debates opinions, tests understanding, and clarifies judgments. Brings conflict into the open empathetically.
- Explains the context of multiple interrelated situations, asks searching, probing questions, and solicits expert advice prior to taking action and making recommendations.
Strategic Thinking (A)
- Identifies and considers emerging development opportunities and risks when articulating new options and recommendations.
- Maintains a broad, strategic perspective while identifying and focusing on crucial details.
- Analyzes project inputs from various elements (e.g., budgetary, technical, compliance, policy) and correctly prioritizes issues and solutions in support of goal accomplishment.
- Conceives likely scenarios and recommends effective courses of action to others.
- Integrates input from sophisticated models and tools to predict outcomes and identify issues that may not be obvious to others.
Organizational Awareness (A)
- Recognizes external factors and changing organizational goals that will affect current projects and successfully adjusts the team’s work efforts in accordance with these changes.
- Provides guidance to others on team-specific processes and terminology.
- Collaborates with other teams to establish consistent standards and processes in alignment with the organizational strategy.
- Analyses existing and evolving standards to improve the consistency of efforts across teams and the organization.
- Anticipates external trends that will impact teams within the organization or the organization as a whole, and supports the planning process to address these changes.
Doctors of BC Team Member: Approaches work with a collaborative spirit recognizing we are better together. Embraces change, provides excellence in service and is accountable for their results and helping others achieve theirs. Does the right thing, not the easy thing. Speaks openly and honestly to tackle tough challenges and enrich relationships. Balances hard work with fun and is genuinely friendly and committed to other’s wellbeing.
WHAT YOU BRING
- An university degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field, AND up to eight years of progressive and relevant experience implementing software solutions.
- PMP certification in good standing.
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to develop comprehensive written reports to the C-Suite level.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community;
- Highly organized, with demonstrated project management and change management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple medium scale projects, meet tight deadlines and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience working with multi stakeholder initiatives and demonstrated experience working in dynamic, and iterative environments.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficiency with project management software.
- Experience implementing a customer relationship management system and/or working in the healthcare industry would be an asset.
"This role is based out of the Main Office located in Vancouver BC."
Doctors of BC thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Doctors of BC celebrates diversity, challenges inequality and is committed to sustaining an inclusive and diverse community. We do not discriminate against any applicant regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, political beliefs and affiliations, family circumstances or other irrelevant distinction.