- Shawnigan Lake School
- Shawnigan Lake, Vancouver Island, BC
- Job Category
- Project Management
- Job Type
Shawnigan Lake School is a leading co-educational, university preparatory boarding school on Vancouver Island. Nestled along the shores of the lake that shares its name, Shawnigan has a 100- year tradition of excellence, specializing in a complete education. It is the largest boarding school in Canada. We offer a very competitive compensation package and a nurturing, family-friendly workplace.
Shawnigan Lake School is looking for a seasoned Operations professional to take on the challenge of a recently created key senior management role.
The Director of Operations brings an enterprise approach to the management of many diverse functions throughout the School. With 100 staff across 10 departments, the Operations Division plays a central role in every program offered and event delivered, making it a critical component of the residential, student, and staff experience.
Reporting directly to the CFO and working closely with various Senior Leadership Team members, the Director of Operations leads the supervisors and staff of the following departments: Arena, Grounds, Housekeeping, Kitchen, Laundry, Maintenance, Recycling, Security, Student Centre, and Transportation. The position ensures that the work of these departments meets the high standards and shared values of Shawnigan Lake School, while using consistent and efficient methods that are aligned with organizational objectives.
Candidates must be accomplished with project management, with facilities management, with building and leading diverse teams, and with administering sizeable budgets.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal responsibilities of the Director of Operations include:
• Communicate the vision and strategic direction of the School to staff and divisional managers through continual dialog, support, and constructive feedback
• Develop and implement operational strategy, policy, and processes, while planning and Director of Operationsmanaging projects across departments
• Proactively demonstrate a commitment to building high performance teams by encouraging, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring staff to work effectively together
• Model the shared values of the School through consistent adherence to responsible and ethical principles
• Chair the Shawnigan Lake School Housing Committee and represent senior management on the Joint Occupational Safety & Health (JOSH) Committee Management
• Work with the Headmaster, the CFO, the Manager of Human Resources, and other senior leaders on critical processes, such as goal setting, annual budgeting, workforce planning, and performance management
• Administer systematic and comprehensive needs assessment, planning, and monitoring processes for each functional area of the division
• Demonstrate managerial leadership with daily problem solving, crisis management, and emergency response planning
• Using appropriate metrics, continually evaluate divisional and departmental performance while working closely with department managers to set and meet regular performance targets
• Report regularly to the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Governor’s Building Committee on Operations projects, issues, and results
• Develop and maintain key relationships between the School and external partners and vendors REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in an operations or related position, with minimum 5 years’ leadership experience at the senior operations level in a non-unionized workplace
• A strong background in all major areas of operations management, with particular expertise pertaining to physical plants and the related systems of facilities operation
• Significant project delivery experience in construction, infrastructure, facilities, or a related field
• A solid understanding of workplace compliance, including labour standards, building codes, environmental regulation and standards, and OHS regulation
• Qualified to act as Project Manager on medium capital works projects, and to work closely with external project managers through each project phase on large projects
• Excellent organizational, communications, team building, and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary qualifications or professional designations in one or more relevant disciplines
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to https://engagedhr. prevueaps.com/jobs/159492-33979.html.
The competition closes on April 21, 2021 at 3:00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
More search results
Project Manager IT
Doctors of BC
Project Manager, Content Management System (CMS) …
University of the Fraser Valley
Senior Project Manager
IT/IQ TECH RECRUITERS
Project Manager, IT
BC Transit Corporation